Meeting the man I loved.

I run through trees Axl crying in my arms, my ankle causing so much pain with every step that I take, out of no where two man appear in front of me, I must have got turned around allowing them to catch up with me

I run through trees Axl crying in my arms, my ankle causing so much pain with every step that I take, out of no where two man appear in front of me, I must have got turned around allowing them to catch up with me. I keep Axl wrapped close to me, not daring to let him go at all, I slide my right hand between us slowly gripping onto my gun.

"Hey lady, there's no need to be scared. Did you know those people back there?" The one on my right asks taking a subtle step forward.

"No, I didn't. I just heard all the whistling and ran, I just want to protect my boy." I say as I cock my gun, ready to shoot.

"How about you come with us and we will see if you are telling the truth, if you are we can provide you a safe place to stay." The man on the left tells me, I'd never seen these two before.

"You think what Negan did was safe? Was right? You foolish idiots." They look at each other completely shocked, that I know Negan, one steps forward and I pull my gun shooting both in the head, giving them no time to fight back. I take a deep breath before rushing off hurriedly, making my way back to the bike.

Once I find it, I'm quick to uncover it and buckle Axl in safely, I hand him a small juice and a packet of crackers, I get on the back peddling as best as I can, I finally don't let David's threats get to me and head for the Sanctuary. I head for the little building behind the Sanctuary to hide the bike there, the one where I debated telling Negan about my pregnancy.

I pull a blanket out of the cart and carry Axl to the fence, I set him down so I can throw the blanket over the barbed wire, I pick Axl back up and struggle to climb over the fence, once on the other side I managed to pull the blanket back down. I wrap it around Axl and sneak into the Sanctuary through the unguarded back door, hopefully Negan and most of his men are still out.

I keep my head tucked down into Axls chest so no one can really see my face, just looking like a women and her child, I get to Negan's room, I pull out the key that I kept the whole time, hoping that they didn't go through the effort of changing the locks. The door opens easily though, I take Axl into the bathroom, leaving him in there as I grab the blankets and pillows off Negan's bed laying them in the bath tub so Axl can sleep.

He's been rather quiet lately and I really hope that it's due to it being so late, he falls asleep quickly, I head out into the room, double checking that I locked the door. I smash open the gun cabinet finding my Desert Eagle and ACR, still fully loaded. I strap them to my body so I'm ready if anyone comes inside his room or for when Negan himself gets here.

I find the first aid kit under the bathroom sink and sit on the sofa, removing both of my shoes and socks, my right ankle instantly swells up and I can tell it's seriously broken. I bandage it up, not knowing if I should but the tight tension helps keep my ankle in place. I find some pain med in the first aid kit and take two, not sure if the are even going to work with the amount of pain I'm in. I check on Axl again and he's still fast asleep, I close the bathroom door and leave him in there, laying down on the long love seat for a short nap, my body mentally and physically tired.

I startle awake as I hear voices just outside the door, I rush to my feet groaning at the pain, I lift my ACR up, ready to shoot. The door swings open and a women shrieks gripping onto Negan's forearm, she's wearing a fancy and very sexy black dress, she's a wife, I'm assuming he's back to having multiple. I point my gun at the red haired women.

"Get the fuck out of here, tell anyone and I'll hunt you down." She nods frantically, leaving without a word, I trust she got the message. Negan steps into the room, shutting and locking the door behind him, he turns to look at me, Lucille in hand, but now clean of the men he killed.

"Clare, what the fuck do you think your doing?" His voice is still like caramel, smooth and rich, drawing me in to taste. I shrug off his question.

"No it's not going to work that way. You're going to listen to me and answer every god damn question I ask. But first put the fucking bat down." Negan does nothing for a moment, seemingly shocked, never has he seen me this way, but my views of him changed when he killed those people.  Forced them to their knees like they were dogs, even if they did kill his people, what he did was cruel.

"Now." I lift the gun aiming it at his head, showing I'm not fucking around, if he decides to attack me, I have to win, my son is sleeping in the next room I won't risk anything. Negan throws the bat and it lands on one of the sofas, with a soft thud.

"What the fuck were you doing tonight? Why did you kill those fucking people?" I ask and his face immediately changes, he looks scared for a moment but he covers it quickly.

"You were there? You're the one my men went after. Where are they? Did you do the same to them as you did David?" His words cut deep, I'm almost tempted to shoot him for believing that fucker but I need answers.

"Yes it was me. They are dead. And David. He's a fucking lying piece of shit and when I fucking see him next, I will kill him." Negan doesn't respond, I don't think he knows how to.

"Why did you kill those people Negan?" I ask him again, but not as strong as I did before, the pain from standing getting the better of me, I lift my right leg, trying to take some weight off of my ankle. Negan's eyes flick down, taking note of my bandage he seems concerned for a moment, but again he clears his face of emotions.

"They took out a whole outpost, killing lots of my men, brothers, husbands, sons. I was just showing them that shit doesn't go unnoticed." He explains getting angry, but I don't think at me, but at those people.

"Why do you trade Negan? Is it even a trade? Do you give anything back?" I recall that day when Negan's men took supplies from King Ezekiel and again when he said those people would have to work for them.

"People are a resource, I keep them alive and in return they give me supplies."

"Alive from what, it can't be just the dead they need protecting from Negan, those people tonight had guns." 

"From other people, from me, if they don't give supplies we kill them."

"So give me a good enough reason not to send a round through your skull right now. I see you couldn't keep it in your pants for long, already have a new wife, is she the only one or are their more?" The look on his face tells me all I need to know, I cock the gun, letting him know I'm ready to shot.

"These people were dying, we were going to run out of food, it was the only fucking way to save them. There were too many people to move and no where to grow anything." Negan desperately tells me, I see his face I can tell he's telling the truth, he was a desperate man, taking desperate measures and found that they worked well.

"Why did you let David back in?"

"I didn't know if he was lying or not, you weren't here to tell me he was and I couldn't just kill him because I wanted too, even though I did want to. You never came back though and me nor my people could find you when we went looking. Why did you leave?"

"He threatened to kill you and I couldn't let that happen, but I watch you let him in, I seen your face afterward and you still let him in. The things he did to me that night." My voice cracks, remembering that horrible night.

"What did he do?" Negan is mad I can tell, but not at me, himself maybe and at David. I take a deep breath before I say anything further, gathering the courage I need.

"He raped me Negan, he threw down my family photo and raped me over it. The sick bastard even threatened to fuck my dead mother if she were here. He threatened to kill you and take over the Sanctuary and keep me as his little sex slave. AND YOU JUST LET HIM BACK IN AND HE'S STILL HERE!" My anger gets the best of me and I can't help but yell at him.

"Mommy?" The soft voice calls from behind me and I freeze in my tracks, tightening my grip on my gun as fear settles in my bones.