Watching you.

Negan and I get into one of the trucks that has been prepared and the other three men that are going with us get into the other truck

Negan and I get into one of the trucks that has been prepared and the other three men that are going with us get into the other truck. I buckle my seat belt up and re-adjust my backpack and guns, I place my Desert Eagle in my hip holster so it's ready for when I need it.

The heater in the truck is blaring as it is so damn cold outside, I watch all the passing trees as we are travelling along, I have no idea where we are going, but I'm just happy to be outside for awhile.

We drive for about two hours before either of us say anything to each other, I'm still mad at him for the wives thing, but he has compromised in letting me out today, so I don't think I should be too angry with him.

"So what did you do before all this shit?" Negan asks, while glancing over to me. I smile as I remember my old job as a Barmaid, it wasn't great pay or anything, but I loved it.

"I was a Barmaid, worked in an old pub, practically lived there, everyone that came in always knew me by name. I also made the best drinks there, so that's probably why." I laugh as I think about my old boss and best friend Gordon, telling me that he has never made a drink as good as mine.

"A Barmaid hey, should make me a drink when we get back. Did you have to wear a sexy outfit." He chuckles and looks over at me again.

"Ha you wish, I wore what I wanted, which I guess was kinda provocative clothing. I'd love to make you a drink one time, I actually miss making them." I look at his handsome features and smile.

"So what did you do for work, before all this." I gesture to some walkers as we drive past them, he just turns his head and taps his nose twice, letting me know he won't tell me.

"Fine, don't tell me." I cross my arms annoyed, I'm so eager to get information out of him, but he's not willingly to give it to me.

Negan chuckles at me, my dramatic pouting does nothing to change his mind in the least, I sigh annoyed at the fact he wanted me to come with him and he's barely spoken to me at all.

"Okay then. Why is your bat named Lucille?" I've often wondered why his bat was named Lucille, but I've never dare asked anyone about it, I'd much rather just hear it from Negan himself.

Negan says nothing to me, looking almost mad himself, he's definitely not going to tell me anything, I just go back to staring out the window.

"Don't worry about it." I say softly so he knows it's okay not to tell me, it was too personal a question, some things are just better left alone.

"It was my Wife's name." He says just loud enough for me to hear, I whip my head towards him and I want to ask more, but I know I should just leave it as it is.

We continue to drive in silence, the truck ahead pulls up in a town Negan climbs out of the truck and I follow suit, sliding out on my side. I put my backpack on and put my ACR strap over my head, it doesn't seem like there are many dead pricks in this town, but it can always change so quickly.

Like that herd that was following me all those months ago, they just changed direction one day and kept going, missing the Sanctuary entirely, thankfully.

"You stay with me at all times, I'm going to be watching you on this run." He points two fingers at me and then turns them towards himself, letting me know he will in fact be watching me. I just roll my eyes at him, he walks off towards the other men and I follow close behind, keeping a look out for anything and everything.

"We stick together on this run, no splitting up, this is a decent sized town, I don't want anyone getting lost." The men all confirm his instructs with a 'Yes Sir', I just nod my head at him.

We walk through the streets of the town quietly, the three men quietly talk amongst themselves while Negan and I are ahead. A few of the dead wander the streets but we quickly finish them with knives when they get too close or Negan using his bat to take them out.

"So what are we searching for exactly?" I ask Negan as we walk passed houses that already look like they have been raided by other survivors.

"Anything that could be useful, medical supplies, food, tools, water bottles." Negan says not looking at me, too busy focusing on what's around us. Negan heads into a department store and we all follow him inside, we check the store for dead and only find two. I dig through the stuff that is strewn about the place, searching for anything that could be of use.

I find a little pouch filled with allen keys, I put them into my pack knowing they always come into use, I also find some cloth that could be used for some bandages. I walk around the store and spot Negan staring at a cork board. I go up to him and see it is an employee of the month board, with all the most recent employees who have received it.

"It's probably better to not dwell on it." I tell him, seeing how deep in thought he is, looking at these sort of things is a constant reminder of what we have lost, it is why I try not to think about my family photo too much.

"I know, it just makes me wonder where the fuck I'd be if none of this happened." Negan looks down at me, I wonder if he often thinks like this.

"I used to do the same, but I don't see the point anymore, what we had, what life was like, it's never gonna be like that again." I sadly say, dropping my head and kicking at the ground with the toe of my old vans. Negans warm fingers slide under my chin, tilting my head up gently.

"I hate when you look down." He says simply, stroking my cheek with his thumb, I tilt my head into his hand.

"Why?" I step closer to him, looking up into his beautiful hazel eyes, even in the dim lighting of the store.

"Because it means you are sad or disappointed and I hate to see you that way." I smile softly at him, wrapping my arms around his waist, enjoying the warmth coming off of him, I really need to find some better clothes.

Negan leans down and kisses me passionately, pulling me closer against his body, making me moan softly, he soon pulls away though, probably realising this isn't the best place to be kissing right now.

"I'm sorry." Negan says with so much emotion, but before I can even respond, a series of gurgles and growls and the sound of the department door opening interrupts me. Negan grabs my hand and pulls me into a different aisle, his men all hide as the dead pricks force their way into the store.