Salt in the wound.

I wake up and it is about mid morning, I pick myself up off the floor where I must have fallen asleep, I remove Negans arm that is wrapped around my waist

I wake up and it is about mid morning, I pick myself up off the floor where I must have fallen asleep, I remove Negans arm that is wrapped around my waist. I stand up stiffly, rolling me neck to stretch and get rid of knots in it.

I head over to one of the covered windows peering outside to see what the dead is up to, about two dozen of the dead roam around and they are just the ones I can see from this window, I sigh knowing we will have to remain here for longer.

I'm guessing I don't have much ammo left, I have the boxes in my bag that Negan gave me before we left and whatever is left in my ACR still, I'll have to check his gun to, I imagine it is empty to, otherwise he would have used it yesterday when he was surrounded.

I look down at my bloodied clothes, I look into the small mirror that's on one of the walls and see my face and neck is also covered in blood. Thankfully whoever owned this place kept it well stocked with canned foods and a big drum of water, now that I see it in the bright morning light, it looks like an old hunting cabin.

I fill both of the dual sinks up half way, squeezing some old soap into the water, it's rose and jasmine, I doubt the sweet scent will last long. I peel all my dirty clothes off and put them in one of the sinks to soak, I found an old dish cloth that I can wash myself with.

I first wash my hair, removing dirt and blood from it, once it's washed I quickly put it up in a bun to keep it out of the way, the water from my hair cascades down my naked form and I hate that I can't even dry my hair.

I get to work in removing all the blood, dirt and whatever else from my body, I empty out the dirty water and replace it with a little more of the clean water, just to make sure I'm extra clean by cleaning my more sensitive areas.

As I let my body air dry, I grab Negan's leather jacket and very carefully wipe all the blood off it, hanging it to dry on an old chair. I scrub my clothes vigorously, trying to remove the dark blood stains from the material, wringing them out and hanging them around the cabin to dry.

"Well, isn't this a fucking sight for sore eyes." Negans deep voice startles me from my task of hanging my bra and underwear up on a shelf.

"Jesus! You scared the shit out of me." I instinctively cover myself up and he laughs at my attempts.

"There is food and water here. We can stay for a few days." I tell him seriously, opening a cupboard and pulling down a can of peaches. Negans hands slide around my waist and pull me against him, I moan as his hard member pushes against my bum.

A sour thought slips into my mind and I remember his stupid wives, I push him back off of me, showing him that I'm mad, I'm still not happy that he assumed I would just be one too.

"Aww come on Doll, don't be like that." Negan says trying again, but I continue to push him away.

"No, stop. I told you I didn't want to do this Negan. I can't ask you to change, but I won't be with a man who has four wives. I want to be with you, but I won't share you." I step away from him, needing some space to clear my head.

"Seriously, you're standing here completely naked and you fucking expect me to do nothing." He says annoyed at me.

"No. Are you serious? Why does being naked have to be sexualised all the time, just because I'm not wearing clothes doesn't mean I want to have sex. You seen the state of my clothes when we got here, I had to wash them." I stomp over to the old set of draws and pull it open looking for anything to wear.

I find an old baggy blue wife beater, I shrug it over my shoulders and button it up, it hangs down to my mid thigh. I turn back to Negan to show I'm not playing around with him about this.

"I just thought that we could waste some time together." He says as he opens up the can of peaches, I get out two old bowls and slide them across the table for him to fill the peaches with. I get two forks out the creaking, stiff draw, handing one to him and taking one of the bowls, going over to sit on the bed.

"Why won't you just be mine? What makes you want to resist me so bad?" He asks, even though he has a joking tone in his voice but I know he is definitely genuinely interested.

"The one thing I always loved seeing as a kid was watching how happily married my parents were, that they could dedicate their lives to each other. Even when things were going wrong and having hardships, they would still stand beside each other. I've always wanted that for me and just because this world is fucked up doesn't mean that needs to change. I think in this world we need that sort of trust and love now more then ever."

Tears slip down my cheeks as I remember my parent going through their greatest struggles and still standing together with more love than ever.

"I've lost my chance to do anything else that I wanted to do before, this is the only thing I have the chance of doing and I want do it right."

Negan doesn't say anything for a moment and I take this time to eat my peaches, Negan gets up and sits down next to me on the bed. He wraps his arm around my shoulders, pulling me close.

"I didn't mean to upset you, I won't keep bothering you anymore about it." I sigh heavily at his response, I've found myself in a predicament, I think I've fallen in love with him, but I can't make him get rid of his wives for me.