I Told You. No.

"That's the most beautiful thing I've heard in a very long time." Negan says after awhile of listening to me play a few different songs. Some of them I didn't even sing along to.

I blush deeply and make myself busy with putting the cello away. I don't understand why now I'm so shy with him, like he's seen me naked for Christ sake. I pack the cello case away in a spot where it won't be in the way, I can already see Negan tripping over it in the night if I leave it out.

"I'm going to have a shower now, could you please read Axl a book and help him say the words?" I've never asked Negan to help with our sons learning before. Negan reacts like I just gave him all the guns in the world. It's not like I've ever stopped him from teaching Axl either.

I chuckle to myself as I head into the bathroom, I go to close the door and almost instantly remember afterward that the door still hasn't been repaired. The one that was meant to go here didn't end up fitting, it's not like it's an overly big deal. I just like locking the door when I'm being so vulnerable, but to know Negan is just outside the door relaxes me some.

I let myself enjoy my shower, normally I try and stick to a quick schedule, but I think today I deserve to treat myself. I notice there's a new body wash in the shower and I pick it up. It's berry scented, I smile knowing Negan got it for me. He always brings things for me, but never really tells me about it just waits until I discover it on my own.

I apply the sweet smelling soap into my hands and rub it over me, enjoying the feeling of being clean, Im still trying so hard to get used to being able to shower again. I do my hair up in a high ponytail, once I dried it with a towel, wanting it out of the way.

Once outside the bathroom I notice Negan has changed and is strangely wearing a tuxedo, so is Axl and it's beyond adorable.

"What's going on?" I ask confused, I was hoping to just have dinner and settle in soon, by it seems like Negan has other ideas.

"Here I have something for you." Negan goes to his side of the bed and places a rather large beautifully designed box.

"Negan you didn't have to, the cello was enough for me, more then enough." I say feeling rather spoilt, I shyly head over to the bed and carefully undo the light purple bow that's wrapped around it. I lift the lid and purple tissue paper hides the gift.

I can't believe he managed to find purple tissue paper, it's so delicate after all these years you would think it would just fall apart. I remove the tissue paper and underneath the first layer is npretty purple lingerie. I notice that he obviously has a theme as everything is purple so far.

"Why purple?" I ask curious as to why he thinks this is the colour for me.

"It makes your eyes stand out so much more, I seen you once before you left with a purple shirt on and it just suits you so much." I nod my head and put the lingerie on before proceeding to go through the box. Under the second layer is a pretty pair of lilac pastel platform suede heels.

I quickly go through the layers and pull out a full length purple gown that would have once been very expensive. I gasp in shock my eyes snap to Negan's, this is too much.

The dress has no sleeves and the skirt of it is a complete eye catcher. I don't understand why I would need to wear something like this. But it's so beautiful, I must find an occasion for it.

"Put it on, I'll help you with it." I carefully step into the dress and pull it up, Negan helps and zips the back of it up, securing it to my body, he passes me the shoes and I slip them on. I fluff out the skirts on the dress and I feel like a princess, this is honestly too much. I head over to the full body mirror and take a moment to really look myself over.

I've never really called myself beautiful I just knew that I was sexy because of all the men that would hit on me at work. Today though I think for the first time I can honestly say that I look really beautiful.

Negan comes over and wraps his arm around my waist and leans his head on mine, looking at us in the mirror.

"Negan what's going? Why am I in this stunning dress?" I ask Negan, our eyes meet in the mirror and he's smiling sweetly at me, something I've never seen him do.

"I organised a birthday party for you, it's very formal, I couldn't help but spoil you today." I pull away from him and sigh annoyed.

"Negan I told you... No. I didn't want something so big and why so formal? This is like I'm going to a ball." I can see he's hurt that I'm not thrilled, but I can also see he's worried because I'm not happy.

"I just thought that every moment is so fucking special now and I wanted us to have a memory together that was truly amazing." I almost melt at his words but I still didn't want this.

"We still could have had an amazing night to remember, Negan. It's didn't have to be a complete gala of sorts." He hangs his head in defeat, I've never seen him so sad and I honestly feel like such a bitch.

"But I'll go Negan, you've spent the time and resources to organise it, so let's go." His head snaps back up and he looks at me with a small smile.

"Come on, before I change my mind." He quickly steps towards me and gives me a passionate kiss before taking my hand. He picks up Axl and we leave our room and Negan leads me as I have no idea where we are going or what is happening.