Alexandria

Negan and I were driving along the old main road, it's been so long since we've done this together. I almost miss that time we got stuck in that cabin together, when it was just us.

"Remember when we did this the last time and we went on the run and we got trapped in that old cabin?" I ask him wanting to share the memory with him.

"Yeah, I remember you saved my life a couple of times on that trip." Negan seems to get sad about it for a moment. I really don't want him to be sad, so I find the CD folder to listen to some songs.

I find the best track for me and place it into the machine, the familiar cheers in the start of the song send chills down my spine.

I start to wonder if any of the famous people are actually alive and hold up somewhere. I look out the window and see a dead prick in the distance and I honestly don't think they are alive.

I softly sing along to the song, letting myself just forget and enjoy the open road, it's a novelty for me to be out driving now.

Soon enough we pull up at a large set of gates, a massive truck pulls up at the front and the coffin lays covered up ominously. Negan gets out and I follow behind him.

"Stay down here and keep close." Negan firmly tells me, he walks up to the gate with Eugene in tow. I just nod my head at him or let him know I'm actually listening.

"You ever hear the one about the stupid little prick named Rick, who thought he knew shit but didn't know shit and got everyone he gave a shit about killed." Negan tells Rick, I soon tune out to what they are saying.

I notice all the people standing up above us and through the gate, each and everyone of them are holding heavy guns. I pull my desert eagle out and prepare myself for anything that could happen.

Dwight subtly comes over and stands beside me, he looks down at me and gives me a half smile; something lingers in his eyes, like he's surprised to see me here. I return it nervously back to him, I step sideways to be a little closer to him, our shoulders touch, he doesn't move away like I expected him to.

We both stand guard whilst listening to Negan talk, the coffin is raised up and Negan taps on it talking to Sasha. He opens it up and Sasha launches at him, the haunting growls indicate she's dead. They both go toppling off the truck, but everyone springs into action shooting at each other.

The group helping Rick turn against him, Saviors push into Alexandria. Im forced to follow Dwight in as people push behind us. I try and search for Negan but can't find him anywhere.

"You fucking stay with me, do not leave my side!" Dwight shouts at me, I don't answer him but I definitely listen to him, my heart thumps in my chest, maybe this wasn't such a good idea.

We rush into the gates of Alexandria, guns at the ready, I make each bullet count. Letting Dwight take down most of the people to save my gun for emergencies.

Dwight focuses on the people in front of us as we run through the streets. I turn my head and a man is lining Dwight up in his sight. I lift my arm over Dwight's gun and fire, shooting the man in the head. His body drops quickly to the ground, Dwight turns around to look at me with a look of shock.

We quickly carry on, finding Simon and Negan together with other Saviors in a clearing. We join them and Negan has a boy on his knees about to kill him with his bat, Rick his father is hysterical.

Out of no where a flash of orange rushes past me and lunges at a Savior. I stare shocked as a tiger efficiently tears the man apart. Simon, Dwight, Negan and I back away, taking off in a different direction.

A man starts yelling about how Alexandria will not fall on this day, I peek my head around the car we are sheltering behind and see it's the King. The one I met on my travels, another group swarms in from the other side.

"That widow is still alive." I hear Negan say I look over the car while shooting someone. I see the sick women from the field, it makes me wonder when she was meant to be dead and why hadn't Negan told me about any of this.

The four of us keep making a move trying to get back to our vehicles as quickly as possible. The tiger is hot on our heels, killing the Saviors who fall behind.

Thick grey smoke fills the town and we all turn tail and run straight for the gates. The four of us all climb into the same truck and take off, only waiting briefly for the back of the truck to full up.

I sit in the back seat shaking, Dwight's sitting next to me while Simon drives and Negan is in the passenger seat. I frantically try and calm myself down. How could this go so wrong?

I thought Sasha was meant to be returned alive. How the hell did she die? Did Eugene escape too? I have so many questions and I'm so mad at Negan. Today proved he's hiding so much from me, he just started a war and ultimately put my son at risk.

I grip my gun tight, flicking the safety off and on again over and over. I glare at the back of Negan's seat, I didn't think he could ever make me this mad , I thought we were getting past everything.

I'm so tempted to lift the gun and shoot, I'm seeing red, uncontrolled rage taking over. A hand slips over mine, clasping onto my gun, I turn my head and Dwight's looking at me with warning eyes. He can tell what I'm thinking, it's clearly written all over my face, my own thoughts mirroring his, but I guess he can control it better then me.

I click the safety on and he tugs the gun softly trying to take it from me. I grip it slightly, but then decide to let it go, I don't want to do something I'll regret.

He reaches out again, watching Negan the whole time to make sure he isn't watching. He strokes my hand with his thumb for a moment before letting go, reassuring and calming me down. The small action makes me heart flutter even more and the childish feeling of butterflies fills my stomach. How is that even possible after what just happened? How does Dwight have this sway over me?

I nod my head softly to let him know I'm okay and won't do anything stupid. Although I'm not sure what action would be more stupid now, to have shot Negan or to kiss Dwight in this backseat right now, regardless of Negan being here.

"How the FUCK did she end up dead?!" Negan suddenly bursts out, making me jump out of my skin.

"Maybe she ran out of air?" Simon suggests to Negan, which Negan didn't seem impressed by.

"But we tested it, everything should have been fine." Negan rants growing more infuriated by the conversation.

"Maybe because it was a longer period of time and she was on a moving truck. We will ask the bullet maker when we get back, he'll probably tell you something similar." Simon reasons with him, I let out a soft sigh of relief now knowing that Eugene was okay.

I focus on keeping my attention out the window for rest of the duration we spent driving back to the Sanctuary. Negan mentioned that a debrief was in order as soon as we got back and that I was to attend.