Negan's Wrath.

I carry Axl down stairs deciding to take him outside to play, he always loved being outside when it was just us. Now he's always locked inside of these grey dull walls. I need to start teaching him now while he's young about self defence.

He needs to be the best at it so I can be rest assured that he can survive in this world when I'm gone. The early morning sun barely does anything against the winter chill setting in, I stare at the sky wondering when the snow might stay to fall.

I take Axl over to a patch of grass and set him down on his feet, zipping up his little jacket.

"Hey Bubby, I know mummy hasn't been hanging out with you that often lately, but I thought we could spend the day together. I can teach you how to protect yourself. Would you like that?" I ask him gently, missing the days we spent hanging out together.

"Yeah, mummy we hang out more?" He asks sweetly, it hits a nerve and breaks my heart knowing that he notices my absence.

"Yeah, Baby. Mummys gonna try harder for you. But no matter what I'll always love you." He giggles as I boop him on his red tinted nose and I pull him into long hug. Breathing in the sweet rose scent of shampoo in his hair, I smile at that knowing it's probably all Greta has to give him.

I spend the whole morning going through basic self defence moves, stopping every now and then to play to keep him connected and active in his learning. I also go through speech, spelling and mathematics with him.

I really need to reward him for all his great behaviour lately. I don't know what I'd do without my little man. About lunch time Dwight comes and finds me, having finished his morning rounds.

"Want to come and get lunch with me?" He asks being cautious of Axl, understanding it could be damaging for Axl to know I'm with someone else now.

"Yeah sure, we could use something to eat. Axl has been so good with his learning today." Dwight shakes the boys dark hair.

"Congratulations Bud, keep up the good work for ya mum alright." Axl smiles proudly at Dwight's appraisal and it's then that I hope Axl will be okay when he learns that I'm no longer with his dad but with Dwight.

As we walk back to the cafeteria Axl skips ahead not paying any mind to us as we meander along behind him. I stop quickly and push up on my tippy toes, giving Dwight a quick kiss before Axl turns back our way. But the child continues on not a care in the world. Dwight gives me a soft smile and it makes my heart flutter.

As we are about to head into the kitchen Greta comes out looking rather flustered, she picks up Axl and takes him into the cafeteria. Before I even get a chance to protest, to tell her I'm still hanging out with him, Negan steps out of the doors blocking my path.

Seeing the dark rage in his eyes, tells me enough to know he made Greta take Axl away from here.

"What the fuck is going on here?" He says lowly, not in fear of being overheard but to try and contain himself. I step back away from him, my heart rate spiking as genuine fear sets in.

"Negan I told you I was leaving." I will my body into a subtle and loose defence stance, to defend myself if I have to, just in case things go south.

"I didn't fucking realise leaving meant we were fucking done, we have a kid Clare are you just gonna fucking let that go to waste." I can barely stand the tension in the air, the absolute anger in Negan's eyes.

"Negan I had no intentions of coming back to you. We may have once had something, but you fucked it up. Don't fucking lie to someone and expect them to want to stay." I take note as Negan clenches his fists, his knuckles going white with the force of it.

"You could have been fucking more clear about it and just fucking said so, instead of letting me see you kiss someone else." His eyes drift to where Dwight is standing.

And to my surprise, Dwight stands his ground, not letting Negan intimate him. I know I should believe from that start that Dwight would stand his ground, but after the Iron, I'd understand if he didn't. A surge of emotions almost breaks my focus from the topic at hand.

"Negan I couldn't have really cared less how you feel, I'm sorry I found someone whose treating me right. Unlike you who lied to me from the very beginning." I let my own anger take over, remaining calm and like an adult as best as I can.

"Oh, so I let a few lies slip, so that makes being a whore acceptable. You think you can just move on so damn fucking quickly. I bet you have already let him fuck you, you're such an easy whore." Dwight steps forward fists ready to beat Negans face in, but I grab his wrist to calm him.

"I don't have to explain myself to you Negan, but I think you need to explain some things. Because if I'm such whore then what does that make you? I don't think you have the right to throw insults around when you still have five fucking wives still sucking on your balls. Was it five or six? I've lost count. It was easy to move on from you Negan because we weren't really together if you were never faithful from the beginning." A shocked look appears on Negans face, like he didn't expect what I just said.

"Who told you?" He asks pissed off again, not even bothering to deny the fact he's been a cheating bastard the whole time.

"That's none of your concern really. So instead of continuing down this path of conversation. I'd just like to say that, you as Axl's father are allowed to see him when you would like to unless I am with him. He will be staying with Greta for the foreseen future to protect his innocence of all this. If you try to take him from me or try turning him against me, then I will take him the. you will never ever see your son again." He doesn't say a word for about a minute and doesn't make an effort to leave either.

"I'd also advise you quit trying to start a war with those from Alexandria and the other communities. Because if my son is ever put in danger over some stupid war you started then I'll leave with him then also, I also take with me whoever wishes to leave the fight as well." That way I can save other lives from the possible nightmare that is bound to happen.

"You don't get to make such demands." Negan bursts out stepping closer to me.

"Don't I? I'm pretty sure if you are capable of lying to someone who you apparently love then I'm pretty sure you'd turn on your own people rather quickly. What lies have you fed them? Wouldn't they like to hear the truth." I go to walk away but Negan lunges for me saying I'm a 'fucking bitch'.

Dwight instantly steps in front of me, pushing me back away from Negan's reach. Negan punches Dwight square in the jaw, Dwight is quick to respond and punches Negan in the nose, blood sprays immediately. But before matters get worse everyone starts to pile in for lunch. I take this as my chance to get past Negan and into the cafeteria with Dwight.

I grip Dwight's' hand hard, not giving a shit about who sees us together anymore. I will not let Negan bully us or think that he can get away with all the bad things he's done. I refuse to stand by and watch as he tears this community apart. I just won't do it. Especially after today, he just proved how unreliable he is and the fact that he was going to hit me and did hit Dwight makes me want to go back and sock him one myself.