Late night dinner date.

After my shift at the kitchen I slowly walk back the way I came early that day, I wanted to change into something nice to wear, not just the clothes I've been wearing all day. In my bag I brought with me, I actually have a really pretty dress, I took it from a clothes store last month, to remind me of how things used to be.

I even kept it in a plastic bag so it wouldn't get dirty, it never took up that much space so I always held on to it. I got to my room and put the dress on, I tie my long dark brown hair up so the top half is up while the bottom half hangs loose, I frame the front of my face by pulling some strands of hair so they fall on either side of my face.

I realise then that I'm going to have to wear my old ruined vans with my outfit, hopefully the dress is enough to distract him from my shoes.

I stare at myself in the small vanity mirror, taking notice of how pale and thin I look, my once golden skin and plump face have turned sickly. The bones in my face and body stand out so much now, I almost seem like a walking skeleton, it's strange to think that I was once considered a busty women.

I turn away from my reflection and dig through my bag, finding the only family photo I have left, I almost want to cry when I see the glass protecting the picture is cracked. It must have been from the attack. I place the picture on the window sill, looking at how happy the world once was, tears fall down my cheeks and swipe them away angrily, we don't get to cry anymore.

There's a knock on my door and I guess that it's Simon coming to collect me, doubting Negan would actually come and get me, quickly check myself in the mirror one more time, shrugging my shoulders at my reflection. I go to open the door after Simon knocks again, more impatiently this time round.

I pull open the door annoyed as the persistent knocking continues, I'm gonna beat Simon if he's damaged my door, with the amount of force he's using.

"Do you really need to bang the door that hard.... Negan?" I stand there shocked, Negan was the one banging on my door, I didn't expect him to actually come and get me.

"What? Doll. Don't look so damn surprised." He says seeming a little annoyed by my reaction, a half smirk spreads across my face.

"Damn, you look good, get all fucking pretty just for little old me." Negan says while checking me out, I step out of my room and close the door, causing us to be much closer together.

"Well, lead the way, old man." The smirk spreads across my face, I can't help but tease him right now.

He raises his brows at me, swiping his tongue over his bottom lip, not expecting me to be a smart ass at all.

"You have balls Doll, that's for fucking sure, now let's go, I'm fucking starved." He walks off down the hall and I struggle to keep up, again he is another person who is rather tall. Negan seems to be at least 6"1 which is rather tall compared to my small height of 5"4, the top of my head is sort of just below his chin.

By the time we reach his room, I'm a little out breath, I try to drag in deep breaths while he unlocks the door for me. I step inside his room and it's huge, very well decorated in greys, it is very luxurious compared to what I am staying in, he even has a tv, his bed is massive and looks extremely comfortable.

There are some big comfy chairs and a sofa sitting on either side of a table, I sit down at the sofa, falling into the soft cushions. I spy another door in the room and I assume that it's a en-suite bathroom.

I notice the trays on the table and smile at the bread rolls that I made to go with the soup, I don't touch the trays and wait for Negan to join me at the table.

"So Doll, What would you like to drink? Wine, whiskey, beer?" He pulls open a fridge looking at the contents inside it, he looks over his shoulder at me waiting for an answer.

"Um I actually would love a scotch whiskey if you have it." I say politely, I don't think I've had a drink since all this happened, since my last shift at work at the bar. It always seemed like it wasn't a very responsible idea to drink, not with all the constant danger about.

"Oh, into the hard stuff, Doll. That's kinda badass." Negan pours us a drink each placing ice cubes in both glass. I marvel in the fact that they can actually have ice cubes here, he hands me a drink and I relish the burn as the hard liquor slides down my throat.

Negan pulls the metal covers off of the big bowls of soup in front of us, my mouth waters at the sight of food and I start to realise the last time I ate was those berries and mushrooms. I pick up my soup hurriedly and bury into the still steamy soup, I lift it to my lips and give it a light blow before placing it into my mouth.

I moan at the taste, not having had food this good in a very long time, I lift my eyes and see Negan watching me with an unknown look, I really hope there wasn't a before dinner blessing that was meant to happen. He doesn't seem like the type to do that.

"Fuck, when was the last time you had a home cooked meal?"  Negan asks after I eat more of the soup, before he has even touched his.

"I'm sorry, it's been a very long time, maybe when this first happened was the last time." I say putting the spoon down so I can slow down.

"Well can I just say, you look fucking adorable eating the shit out of that soup. It even brought some colour to your cheeks, that might be the whiskey though." Negan says and I immediately get embarrassed, feeling my cheeks heat up at his words.

"Keep eating Doll, get some meat back on your bones." The thing with Negan is that more often then not he doesn't have a filter, I guess it's not hard to tell how under weight I am. I look down at my boney hand.

Not that I want to be, but I don't see how he could consider me to be one of his wives, compared to Bethany I look more undead then human. I pick up the bread and dip it into my soup, enjoying the crispy texture as I chew it up.

I start to wonder where I would have been if Negan never stopped to save me, what those men would have done to me, I used to be able to defend myself against multiple people at a time, I knew how to do it, I'm just not strong enough anymore.

Negan saved my life and I don't know how I could ever repay him, I guess I'm working, but that's what everyone does. I look up at Negan, taking in his features while he eats, he is a very handsome man,very brave too. It takes guts to decide to lead a community, to decide the fate of others, to hold someone else's life your hands.

I wish I had found him sooner, back when my father was still alive, he could of helped, he would have known what to do, those men probably wouldn't have come after me either. I decide I'm no longer hungry and brush the crumbs off my fingers, my father would be so disappointed in me, if he knew that I let those men beat me, if he knew that I left the group he died trying to protect.

I feel sick in the bottom of my stomach, having the urge to cry hysterically but trying to act normal so Negan doesn't notice how upset I am, but as soon as he looks up from his soup I know I failed.

"Hey, what's going on over there? Are you okay?" As soon as he asks me this it's like the flood gates up and I let out a sob, tears spilling down my cheeks, as everything that's happened hits me all at once. I push myself up from the floor rushing for the door, I need to leave, so I don't make more of a fool of myself.

"Hey, Hey!" Negan comes after me his arms wrapping around me from behind as I try to leave his room, he turns me in his arms and I bury my face into his chest, my crying relentless. One of his hands strokes my hair, while the other is clasped tightly around my small frame, he lifts my feet off the ground and takes me to the sofa, sitting us both down.

"Fuck Doll, I was meant to be getting to know you honey, but not this way, was gonna make you laugh." I push myself out of his grasp wiping my face with a napkin that was on the table.

"I'm sorry, I just couldn't help it." I apologise feeling like such an idiot.