Ever After Or Not.

Negan leads me to the main hall and when he opens the main doors, I gasp in complete shock. Pretty lights are set up everyone and it looks like all of the people who live at the Sanctuary are here. What surprises me the most is that everyone is dressed up very formally.

Did everyone just have these clothes hidden away for such occasions? Surely they are not all this dressed up just for my birthday either?

People start to notice that Negan is here and everyone eventually falls silent. Waiting patiently and expecting Negan to say some things.

"It's been six years since I took charge of this place, they have been great years. It hasn't been a walk in the park though, so much fucking shits gone down. Recently we found the people who stole our medicine and now Dwighty boy is one of my best workers. In that time I met a beautiful women and we have an awesome son together. But today isn't just about me and my six year anniversary here, it's about my girl. It's her birthday today and I want to make it the best birthday for her, now let's eat and drink and just have some fucking fun." Negan finishes his speech and everyone claps and cheers.

We join the rest of the group and women come over to me to wish me a happy birthday, some I've never even met before. I thank them politely and stick close to Negan, he hands me a drink and I relish the taste of the hard liquor.

Axl plays with other children and I watch him carefully not wanting to lose him in the crowd. I see the man Dwight, the one that Negan mentioned in his speech, I notice immediately half his face has been burnt off. I remember seeing him that night Negan killed those two people, he was offering to kill some other man. I shake the thoughts from my head, it doesn't do well to dwell on such things.

Negan introduces me to lots of his men, I smile politely at them all, but have no interest in talking to anyone. My thoughts drift again and I recall the women down in the cells. I decide I wish to speak to her, but I doubt Negan will let me.

I excuse myself from the crowd of people that Negan left me with, letting them know that I was getting another drink. I subtly leave the main hall and head down to the cells. The usual guard stands watch and I come up with a quick plan to get rid of him.

"Negan said he wanted everyone at the party, that includes you, you don't want to disappoint him do you?" I lean up close to him, running my hands down his chest, he shakes his head no and quickly rushes off to the party.

I slip into the room and that stupid 'Easy Street' song continues to play on a loop, I turn it off at the surround sound system and look for the women's cell.

Once I find it I kneel down in front of the bars, she looks up at me with hatred, but her eyes soften a little when she realises it's not the usual guy here.

"My name's Clare, I'd really appreciate it if you could answer some questions for me." I ask politely the women snorts and turns her attention away from me.

"Negan didn't send me, he doesn't even know I'm down here. So I don't have much time. Why is Negan coming after you're people? Other then because you killed our people." She doesn't seem like she's going to answer so I stand up, letting out a sigh.

"Wait. He was forcing another community of trade, taking half their shit and they didn't comply then he would kill someone. He started doing the same to us. We thought the Outpost was you're only base." I crouch down beside her again and frown.

"He was taking supplies. Did he offer anything in return?" I ask her hoping she will tell me more.

"He just said he would keep the roads clear and the walkers away and that was it, we didn't need his help. He thought he was doing us a favour and deserved payment, there was no way to say no."

"What's your name? I want to help. I'm worried this is going to go bad, very bad. There's people here that I can't risk losing over this."

"My name's Sasha, I have someone here whose helping Negan, maybe you can talk some sense into him, his name's Eugene. I'm warning you to be careful Clare, Negan's not an easy person to go against." I nod my head at her.

"I'll take my chances, I'll try and get back to you and tell you what I learned." She nods her head at me and I quickly leave the cells, keeping the music off to give her some peace and quiet. The guy on guard can get into trouble for that, he shouldn't have been so easily persuaded.

I slip back into the main hall and found myself a drink, a strong arm wraps around my waist and I jump in fear.

"Hey, Why so jumpy? And where did you wonder off too?" Negan purrs lowly in my ear.

"I hate being caught off guard you should know that and I went to the bathroom, the one closest was full so I went to the one further away." I turn in his arms and smile sweetly at him, acting as if I didn't just have a chat with the women he has hostage.

Axl comes running over crying, his pants were ripped and he has a gash oozing blood from his knee. I pull out of Negan's grip and rush over to him.

"Baby, What happened?" I say picking him up and trying to examine his knee as he sobs into my neck. The gash doesn't seem so bad, but it needs to be cleaned up.

"A boy pushed me an-and I hurtt my kne-knee." Axl stammers out his words.

"Aww Baby, that wasn't very nice of him, now wasn't it, let's go get you home and to bed huh, mummy will read you a story." He nods his little head and I turn to Negan he was watching the whole interaction.

"I'm taking Axl upstairs, you can stay if you want." I tell him and give Negan a kiss on the cheek.

"Are you sure? I could help with Axl." Negan says ready to leave with me if I say so.

"No Negan it's your night as well, just stay and have fun. I'll take Axl back with me." Negan says his good nights to Axl and I. I leave rather quickly needing to think up a plan to prevent what's about to come.