Stress to the Max.

Waking up somewhere you've never stayed before is normally disorienting and stressful. I didn't feel that today though as I slowly woke up and memories of last night flood my mind.

I sit up in bed when I notice the sheets beside me are cold and have been for awhile. It takes me a moment to realise that Dwight usually does the morning shift. I sigh finding it rather frustrating waking up alone, I shower in Dwight's bathroom and get dressed in a clean set of clothes.

It's still early outside and the sun hasn't yet come up going by my watch. I decide I'll go bother Eugene again and see how he's holding up. I open the door to Dwight's room and peek down each hallway, making sure no one sees me. The hall is empty so I step out and close the door quietly behind me.

I make my way over to Eugene's room, as I get closer I start counting the doors to make sure I actually pick the right room. Once I'm fairly certain that I found it, I give a loud but brief knock and wait patiently.

The door soon opens and a tired looking Eugene stands before me, he steps out of the way and lets me in seeming too tired for greetings. I sit over on his couch just like last time and he joins me with a heavy slump.

"How are you feeling? I'm really sorry about Sasha she seemed like a really good person." For a moment it seems like he won't talk to me, but suddenly in the dim light I hear a strangled sob. I turn my head towards Eugene and see him crying, I slide across the seat and wrap my arms around him.

"Eugene we have to stop this, I don't want her death to be for nothing, if there's anything you know that could help us I'd really appreciate it." He nods his head and looks at me slightly confused.

"I thought you loved him, why do you want to stop this war?" He questions me and I feel he has the right to know the truth.

"Negan's been lying to me from the beginning, I thought I could trust him, I thought he loved me. My son is the most important thing to me and I won't let him put him in harm's way. Not over some material objects, I'd rather fend out like I was before then be cowardly and steal from others." I turn my head to look at Eugene and he nods his head, agreeing with what I said.

"I'll help you, but we have to keep it quiet, I'll come find you when I come up with something reasonable." Eugene stands up and heads towards the door, letting me know it's time for me to go. I quickly stand and say my goodbyes, heading out to leave Eugene to come up with a plan on stopping this war.

"I gave her pills, she asked for them. It's my fault she's gone, but it needed to happen." I stop in tracks at Eugenes words and turn to look at him, seeing how pale he is, sweat built up on his forehead, even though there's a chill in the air. I don't say anything but I nod understanding what he has just told me.

Eugene let's out a breath that he must have been holding, seemly reassured by my response. "We will win this, Eugene." I say softly before walking away knowing I shouldn't linger outside his door for much longer, so I leave him to it.

In the mean time I head to the cafeteria for breakfast, when I enter I see Dwight reading the morning report, I grab a serving of scrambled eggs and toast, along with some fruit. Against my better judgment I decide to sit with Dwight, there are not many people in the cafeteria and none of them seem too interested in me. Too busy focusing on their own breakfasts or reading the Sanctuary's very own news paper.

"Anything interesting happening?" I ask Dwight as our shoulders brush against each other's, as I take a peek at the paper in front of him. He smiles at me sheepishly before saying anything, deciding if he should tell me what's going on.

"Two people were attacked by walkers last night, one was bitten and taken care of, the other one is in the infirmary but they seem to be okay." Dwight says reading out the report, I wasn't expecting anything like that to be in there, but it makes sense that it is.

"That's horrible, I hope the families are okay? Anything else happening?" I ask him, wanting to steer away from the bleak topic. It's strange how quickly things change it was only yesterday that Dwight wouldn't even dare tell me what was on the report and since then we've slept together. I frown and let out a sigh, everything is changing so quickly lately, even though I was so lonely when I was out on the road, I enjoyed things not being so complicated.

I finish my breakfast and decide I want to help out in the garden today, see how they went with those seeds the other day. I stand up and place my tray and dirty dishes in the dishes bay.

I head over back to Dwight and kiss him passionately before going to heading out, everyone else had left the cafeteria so no one saw us kiss. Dwight stands as I go to walk away and he pushes my back forcefully down onto the table and kisses me hard, he hand wrapped loosely around my throat. He lights something inside of me and I moan against his mouth, wanting him right here, right now.

Dwight let's go of me though and straightens he shirt, giving me a smirk before leaving without a word. I take a couple deep breaths, to steady my heart and the roaring heat between my legs. What a fucking tease.

I start by heading to Greta's room to collect Axl for the day, I feel so guilty that I couldn't have him stay with me, but it would only confuse and make things more complicated. I knock politely on the door and Greta soon opens it, her room smells like baked goods and I sigh.

Axl runs straight towards me and I sweep him up into a tight hug, placing kisses all over his face, he giggles and tries pushing my face away. I look over at Greta who is smiling softly at me, I really owe this women a lot, she's done so much for me.

"Thank you for watching him for me, I was hoping to have him for the day and bring him back to you later, is that okay?" I ask her still hating this whole situation.

"I suspected it would be this way and of course it's okay, please don't stress about it dear, I love having Axl around. Now go have some fun." Greta gives me her soft smile before I go, what did I do to deserve such a nice person in my corner.