To Battle We Go.

What is left of Alexandria has been in chaos, after receiving news from Gregory, the ex leader of Hilltop about Negan and his whereabouts we set a trap. Dwight had sent Gregory before he was captured and I've kept that thought close to me, knowing that he was still fighting for us.

Axl, Judith and the rest of the kids are staying at Hilltop with a few select adults, while the rest of us from the Kingdom, Alexandria and Hilltop head out, there's even a few of us from the Sanctuary ready to help out. Apparently Hilltop had them hostage after some fight I never knew about, another thing I was kept in the dark about.

I travel beside Michonne, our large group walking across the grassy hills, we talk quietly amongst ourselves. Ready to ambush Negan and his men, I plan to fight with everything that I have today, for Axl, for Dwight and this fetus growing inside me.

I have kept my pregnancy quiet to those here, knowing they would have sent me to stay at Hilltop. I tighten my grip on my ACR and double checking that my desert eagle and Smith and Western are still in their places.

We start walking passed some poor excuse for trees and about to make our way up the hill. When that horrible, eery whistle rings out, then Negans voice loud and clear.

"Well, Dick Rick, look at that. Hate to say it but this is gonna be very hard."
(I can't actually work out what he says here, so I improvised.)

"I ambushed your ambush with an even bigger ambush."

"How about you step out and face us!" Rick shouts rage evident in his voice.

"Oh I am everywhere, Rick. More bullhorns, more walkies, pick a direction to run, see how you do. Make it fun for all of us. Guess what else I did, I brought you some of your old friends."

I keep my gun level and training it to the hill above in front of us, while the others search in other directions.

"Do you remember your old buddy Eugene, well he is the person who made today possible. Same goes for Dwighty-boy here." I tighten my grip on my gun at the mention of my husbands name. He's here, of course Negan brought him along today.

"Incase you're wondering, he didn't bring you here on purpose, nah he's just a gutless nothing that sucks at life and now he gets to stand up here and watch you all die and he's gonna live with that." I start to shake with rage, I would happily kill Negan myself today. Rick said he wanted to do it before we left today. But if I get the chance I will kill him myself, how dare he do this.

"Gabriel, well he gotta go too. We are cleaning house today Rick and then there's you. It never had to be a fight, you just had to accept that's how things are, so here we go, congratulations Rick."

Silence falls over the clearing and we all ready ourselves further, Rick scanning every possible side they could come out at us.

"3! 2!"

Negan's men appear in front of us just as I expected them to, we were outnumbered easily, all had guns.

"1!"

A chours of gun shots go off and I brace for the shots to hit home, but nothing happens, his men are knocked onto their asses screaming in pain. Their guns have back fired, killing some of them as consequence.

"Eugene." I say more to myself, realising this was his plan, he did this. Michonne looks at me in shock but quickly focuses back to the scene in front of us.

"Now!" Rick shouts and we charge up the hill to Negans' disheveled men. I'm the first up the hill, I've always been faster then most, my fathers and mothers teachings seen to that. I see Gabriel about to get hit by Negan but Dwight slams into him. I gun down Saviours too far to help Dwight, but I keep watching when I can.

Dwight gets a few good hits in but his hands are cuffed, Negan shoves him to the ground and runs for cover in amongst their cars.

"He's running!" The leader of Hilltop screams, Maggie, the widow. Rick is the only one who gets past the Saviours and chases after Negan. I stop to help Dwight to his feet, not really stopping to say anything. Instantly shooting more of the Saviours, people I have seen around the Sanctuary before.

I tuck Dwight in between two of the trucks away from the gun fire and leave him there, the rage and adrenaline taking over, as I kill one after the other of Negans' men. Fighting my way to find Negan to end this once and for all.

I make it over the hill with others behind me, the Saviours forced into surrender. I stand with Maggie and Michonne as we watch Rick slit Negans' throat, he drops to his knees and says something I can't hear, before falling to the ground.

We all approach forward a few steps as Rick walks towards us.

"Save him." Rick says to anyone and we all stop shocked, Maggie charges forward but Michonne grabs her.

"No! No he can't. No! He killed Glenn!" She fights Michonne the whole time, trying to get away.

"We have to." Rick says simply.

"We have to end this! Rick! We have to make it right! No, it's not over, it's not over until he's dead! It's not over until he's dead! Noo! Nooo! Noo!" Maggie cries and screams until the fight leaves her body and she begs Rick, falling into Michonne's arms further.

"What happened, what we did, what we lost, there's got to be out there. The ones that have them up, put your hands down. We're gonna go home now." Rick looks around at us all and then back to the group in front of him.

"Negan's alive. But his way of doing things is over and anyone who can't live with that will pay the price, I promise you that. And any person here who would live in peace and fairness, who would find common ground. This world is yours by right, we are alive, that's death." He points to a massive herd of walkers down the hill.

Something I have not even bothered to think about and try not to focus on right now.

"It's coming for us, unless we stand together. So go home, then the work begins, the new world begins. All this, all this is just what was, there's got to be something after." Rick turns back and walks towards Negan and I follow after him. Rick sits down against the tree and watches as Negan is patched up.

"Where are the keys, for Dwight's cuffs?" I ask Negan, not caring about those helping him.

"Please Clare. I'm sor-"

"Where are the keys, Negan." I shout not caring what he has to say.

"My pocket." I immediately crouch and start digging through each of his pockets, eyeing off the doctor and his helper, they don't say a word though.

"Clare, I'm sorry please. Help me." He begs me his voice sounding broken.

"You did this to yourself Negan, we could have lived happily together, I could have been your wife." I stand up after finding the keys and turn to leave, I pick up Lucille before I go.

"Please." He says again, I turn around and face him.

"This is your fault Negan, I warned you about this, now you have to deal with the consequences. I don't ever want to see you again, not after what you did to Dwight." I walk away and see Dwight at the top of the hill, I sprint towards him.

When I get to him I make quick work of the cuffs on his hands and drop Lucille beside us, jumping into his arms. He stumbles a few steps, seeming weak and dehydrated, but I can't help myself, I sob into the crook of his neck.

"Never ever leave me again, your fucking promised, now promise me again." I grumble into his neck, tightening my hold on to him.

"I fucking promise to never leave you again." His voice cracks and I can tell he's crying too, even with all these people watching, we just don't care.

It's finally over, Negan can't hurt anyone anymore, the future is finally something to look forward to, instead of being just a dream. I silently vow to myself from now on, to raise my kids, to focus on just my family and keeping them safe. No more wars. Just a chance at life.