Falling in love.

Two weeks have passed since I've left the cell, there has been no sign of David, he just disappeared without a trace, Negan had even set up a man hunt to find him

Two weeks have passed since I've left the cell, there has been no sign of David, he just disappeared without a trace, Negan had even set up a man hunt to find him. Everyone at the Sanctuary was told the truth about David, about how he blackmailed people and threatened lives.

I still haven't been allowed to go back to work, Negan insists upon it, apparently because I was in the cell for protecting him, I'm allowed to eat free and not go to work anymore, he keeps saying that I need to get some rest. I find myself to actually be quite restless and need to be working to distract myself, but I'm not allowed to.

I wonder aimlessly around Negans room, since I've been out of the cell my stuff has been moved here and I share Negans room, I don't understand why he wants me here. I lay down on the bed and hang my head off the end, looking out at everything being upside down, I used to do this as a child and would imagine what the world would be like if it was all upside down.

The door to, well I guess my room now opens up and Negan enters his eyes instantly lock with mine and he frowns at my upside down state but a smile soon spreads across his lips.

"What on fucking earth are you doing?" He asks me as he walks over to his bedside table and starts looking through it.

"I'm completely bored out of my mind here. How do you expect me to just stay here all the damn time?" I ask my frustration evident in my tone of voice.

"Well you can leave the room and walk around the compound, talk to the other wives." He starts packing a backpack, I instantly pull myself up from my position my head getting dizzy, I turn to look at him, completely shocked.

"Excuse you? Since when the fuck was I a wife?" My temper flares at the thought. How the fuck did he think that would just sit well with me.

"Well since you risked your life for mine and you don't work, so you're my wife." He simply states I get up off the bed and start packing up my bag, I'm not staying here anymore and I'll find work myself. I will not be someones fifth wife, if he wants me to be his wife then he can do it properly.

"What the fuck are you doing?" Negan has stopped what he was doing to watch me now, acting as if what I'm doing is the most interesting thing in the world.

"I'm leaving, I'm not your wife. I've already told you why I wouldn't be either. I'm going to find some work to do so I don't go completely fucking crazy. Staying in your room is almost as bad as being in a cell, except I get decent food here." I throw my bag over my shoulder and head for the door, Negan grabs my bicep stopping me from going anywhere.

"What makes you think you get a fucking choice?" He voice is low and angry and honestly I don't care, he can't just assume that I am his wife, I love spending time with him, but I will not be his fifth wife, it's wrong.

"Because I will make it hell if you continue on this way. If you want me so bad Negan then get rid of the other four wives and ask me properly. If you can't do that then I'm going to my own room." I pull my arm away from his and continue to walk towards the door.

"Wait. Come with me today. I'm going on a run. You said you wanted to do something." I know Negan would never normally offer this to his wives, I decide I want to go, staying in these walls has made me feel weak. I can prove to him that I'm more useful then just being some stupid trophy wife to him.

"Fine I'll go with you. I want my guns though, the last time I had them I notice someone had been fucking using them. I'm not fucking happy about that. That was the one thing I requested when you first took them, that no one is to use them." I say going on a little rant now that he has made me annoyed.

"Good thing I left them in here, from when you broke out with them." Negan walks over to a cabinet, that I never really cared about before, when he pulls the door open it is full of guns. I can see my two and I walk over to go get them, these must be just for him to use.

"Wow some nice fire power in there." I say rather impressed with some of his guns. He reaches in and pulls out some ammo for both of my guns, I look at them confused, he doesn't have either of the guns that I do. So why have the ammo for them?

"Couldn't help but pick them up, every time I go on a run, I pick ammo for your guns up, if I can find it." Negan says simply, he puts the ammo in my bag which still sits over my shoulders.

"Why though? It's not like you had a need for them." I ask, I'm deeply flatted that he would even think about this for me, ammo is so much more valuable then most things now days. This still doesn't make me happy about what he did, but it is at least a start.

"Because if this place ever goes to shit for some fucking unknown reason, I want to know that you have what it takes to get out of here." The expression on Negans face pulls at my heart.

I lean up on to my tip toes and wrap my arms around his neck, kissing his lips gently, but with lots of need, his arms encircle my waist pulling me closer to his body. I pull away and look up at him, he makes it so easy for a women to love him, but I'll stand by what I said.

"I meant what I said Negan. I won't change my mind about the wife thing. You don't see it the way I do, you don't want to share us women with anyone else. Well it's the same with me, I don't want to share you, I can't love someone as much as I do right now, to just share them with four other women." I pull away from him sadly and hope that he understands.

"I'm not asking you to change for me Negan, if you can't lose the wives then that's okay I understand. I don't want to change who you are, but you can't ask me to stay with them either." I step back away from him getting some distance between us.

Negan looks torn, I can see he wants to be with me, but he needs his wives as well, they must help him not get too attached to only one person. I realise then I know nothing about his past, about who he was or what he did, if he was married or not. I'd understand if he was married before and that's why he doesn't want to get attached, but I guess I'll never know, unless he tells me, but I'm too polite to pry.

There is a knock on the door and one of the men going on the run says they are ready to go whenever Negan is ready. Negan seems hesitant to leave but he grabs his stuff and heads for the door, I follow close behind him, glad that I can finally get some air and maybe, hopefully learn more about Negan.