Disobeying the beast.

The loud banging on the door, jump scares me awake, I groggily pull myself to my feet and pull open the door, not caring who it is.

"Wow, what the fuck happened to you?" Simon asks, I can already tell I look worse then I did yesterday, my eye lid has swollen shut and the bruising feels extremely uncomfortable.

"Yeah I'm not going to tell you, now what did you want?" Simon doesn't need to know about it, if I tell him, he'll tell Negan and I want to be the one to punch that bitch in the fucking face.

"Well Negan wanted to see you, before you start your shift in the laundry." Simon's eyes look past me, taking in the state of my room behind me.

"I got mad last night okay, I threw all my stuff every where and when I threw the chair at the wall it bounced back and hit me the face. Okay? Please don't tell him, I feel like an idiot already about it." I say to him hoping he believes my lie, he nods his head seeming to think that this is true.

"Okay then, well if you just wanted to change and I can take you down to him." Simon tells me, I can tell he doesn't want to take me anywhere.

"Nah that's okay, I remember the way from last night, I'll just get changed and walk myself, you don't need to babysit me." I tell him and he just nods his head again, obviously happy that he doesn't have to take me.

"Okay, well don't be too late." He says and walks away from me quickly, I watch as he disappears around the corner at the end of the hall. I rush back into my room, looking for my old training gear that I always kept with me.

I'm not going to see Negan and I'm not going to work today either, I need to train myself again, make myself stronger then I am. My mum would be so disappointed if she knew I had been bested just this pass week, I used to be a top ranking fighter and self defence champion in the woman's league.

I find the sports bra and underwear together and my gloves and foot wraps across the other side of the room, I close and lock my door with my clothes in hand. I head over to the laundry and take a towel and wash cloth from the shelf outside the laundry, I go down to the bathrooms, I need to wash all of last night off of me.

Negan must see me as weak and I can't have that, weak people get the strong ones into trouble. I wash myself quickly, but being extremely careful as I wipe the dried blood from my face, not wanting to agitate it further.

I get out of the shower and dress quickly, I leave my foot wraps off as to not got them dirty just yet, I go over to one of the mirrors and push half my hair into a bun while the rest hangs down the length of my back. I take my dirty clothes with me this time, I don't know if they come back to me if I put them in the basket. How is the laundry staff meant to know whose, is whose?

I go looking for a room I had seen on my walk last night before I'd been attacked in my room, it looked like a gym but it was a fighting gym, the ones where the floor is completely safety mats and has sparing stations.

I find it rather quickly, I close the door behind me, it's always opened by the looks of things, it's how I found it so easily, but I don't want anyone to see, I don't want to be disturbed.

I go over to where the boxing bags are hanging up, choosing which bag I want to beat the shit out of, I put on my foot wraps and get straight to training, my muscles remember all the moves. It's almost like riding a bicycle I guess, once you know how to do it you never forget.

I get a pang in my stomach every now and then from being hit so hard last night, big angry bruises on show with my training gear. I don't let it stop me though I use it as a reminder as to why I'm in this gym and risking everything here, for a family photo.