Becoming a father.

Negan's eyes shift from my face to behind me, searching for the source of that little voice, I hear the soft steps of my son getting close.

"Axl stay where you are honey." I tell him but of course he doesn't listen I flick the safety on my gun and I turn and throw my ACR towards Negan's bed, I scope Axl up quickly before he can get too close to Negan. I hold him with one hand and pull out my Desert Eagle, keeping it pointed at Negan's head.

In the small amount of time I had done that Negan hadn't moved at all, didn't even try to make a move, I watch as he steps back, even though I can tell it's day time outside it's still dark in this room with the blinds closed.

Negan flicks the light switch on, lighting up the room and all our faces. His eyes meet mine properly and I just want to fall into his arms, but after what happened when he first arrived and his new wives. Negan looks over at Axl the shock and confusion on his face, it's clear to see whose child it is.

"Mommy, I'm hungry." I look down at him and lower my gun, I have a feeling Negan's not going to try anything now.

"I know I'll get you something to eat soon." I tell Axl, kissing his forehead, he turns his little head and looks up at Negan with his bright hazel eyes.

"He's, he's mine." Not a question, Negan just wanting confirmation from me.

"Yes, he is yours Negan." My smart little boy whose been listen the whole time looks over Negan, thinking it all over carefully.

"Daddy?" He asks looking up at me, I smile softly at him and nod, tears filling my eyes, this is too much for me, I shouldn't have come here.

"Daddy!" He squeals excitedly holding his arms out to Negan, both Negan and I don't know how to react, but Axl continues to struggle in my arms fighting to get at Negan, Negan lifts his arms up for him.

I reluctantly hand him over and Axl wraps his small little arms around Negan's neck tightly, I start to cry relentlessly, Negan shifts Axl over to his right arm and holds his left arm open to me.

I weakly step forward willing to face the consequences and deal with all this mess afterward, but as much as I have loved being with my little boy, I've been lonely for a very long time.

I wrap my arms around Negan's waist and sob into his neck, he hugs my closely, like he's also missed this, he slowly steps forward and I step back with him, he guides me over to his bed and sits us all down.

"I've wanted this for so long, don't ever leave me again." His voice is broken and cracks, I look up and see his eyes are bloodshot and tears slip down his cheeks.

"It wasn't meant to be this way, I was trying to work out how to tell you." I say referring to Axl, I brush my hand down his back and Axl looks up at me with a big cheeky grin.

"Are you happy? Buddy." I ask him and he acts like I gave him a million dollars holding onto Negan even more.

"So happy, Mummy." I push his longish hair out of his face, it's really due for a hair cut, I look down at Negan and he's watching my son and I interact. Suddenly though his face darkens as a thought crosses his mind and it sets me on edge.

"Did David threaten him?" I can tell he is talking about Axl and the pleading look in Negan's eye, praying that he didn't breaks my heart.

"He said that if I came back, he would tell you about the baby." I cover Axl's little ears before continuing on. "That he would bash me in front of you until I miscarried, then he said he would kill you slowly in front of me and keep me as his sex slave, to remember that I caused your death and our baby's and the fall of the Sanctuary." I drop my head sadly.

"Look at me." I do as he says, not in the mood to argue. "I will make sure he pays, I will kill him so fuc- damn slowly." Negan looks to Axl, stopping himself from swearing. Even though my hands are still on his ears.

More tears slip down my cheeks, Negan lifts his hands and wipes them away, pulling my chin up and kissing me so very gently. I sigh heavily when he pulls away, wanting it to continue, but I'm still mad at him for getting more wives.

"I still hate you, for moving on." I tell him seriously, he nods his head understanding why I'm still so angry with him, I can't change or be angry about what he did to those people, they killed his men, if it were me I would have probably done the same thing or something similar.

It's what he did to me that hurts the most, okay if he found one woman and fell in love I would understand, but it's not like that, he just fell back into his old ways so easily, like I was nothing to him at all. I do mean something to him, but I hate how he choses to cope with things when the going starts to get tough.

"I know I hate myself for it too, I didn't enjoy it, but I couldn't stop myself either." He drops his head down onto mine, kissing my hair. Well at least he didn't enjoy it, I guess he just wanted to feel some sort of connection, that's what I wanted and I thought Axl could have filled that gap, but he didn't.

Axl became something else for me, a reason to keep going, to show him as much love as possible, he made me realise this world could be so much better then it is. Even though he was mine and I loved and will always love him, I was missing something while I was out there and it was Negan.