Chapter 5

After Alec showered and shaved, he wore his jeans and his black shirt. Then he tried to brush his hair gave them a careful look to his bow that stood untouched beside the closet. Alec wanted to go on a mission so bad, he wanted to haunt demons but when he would do it, he'll die. He brought his hand to his heart, it was beating fast. Faster than usual. He checked by Catarina from time to time but nothing changed but also nothing was worse. That was a good thing, right? Magnus turned to the side and watched Alec in his thoughts, standing there, his hand on his heart "Alexander, are you alright?" He asked worried, Alec blinked "yes..yes sure, just..checking", Magnus narrowed his eyes "sure", "Yeah of course" he kissed Magnus forehead and went to work. Magnus watched after him then he stood up too. Today he had not many clients and he also wanted to meet one of his friends Dot. She travelled around the world and now has to opportunity to stay in New York for a couple of days. So he prepared some drinks and magiced the bow in the closet. Why was is outside anyway? He opened his notebook to check his emails and saw that Alec used the laptop, one window was open, something with medicine. Magnus bit his lip and watched trough his history. He didn't wanted to spying after Alec but he needed to know what was going on. He found sites about heart surgeries and other mundane stuff with medicine "oh Alec" sighed Magnus, a mundane heart surgery would never work on a Shadowhunter. He spend some times with his emails, helped his clients and then his door rang "Dot" he opened his door, Dot smiled and hugged him "Magnus, i missed you", "i missed you too dear, please sit down". He poured her some wine, she smiled "I heard that you're getting married, tell me that it was just a joke from you because I would never believe it, wasn't you always the free bird?", Magnus giggled and gave her the glass "That's true, I'm getting married to Alec Lightwood", Dot opened her mouth to say something but then closed it again, Magnus knew what she wanted to say, "Well..that's amazing, congratulations" she hit his glass "at least one of us found the love of his life".