Chapter 10

Surprisingly Alec wasn't late when he arrives at the meeting with the clave representatives. They started to discuss the demon activities and Alec announced that he isn't able to lead the missions personally anymore because of his heart problem. People around him nodded. "There are many demon activities in your institute Mr Lightwood", "I'm a partner with downworlders" explained Alec "they all welcome at the new York institute", a old woman with her black coat turned to Alec "Mr Lightwood, you're aware that a demon can sneak into your area and you won't notice it because of your rules", "I don't think that it will happen with the institute full of shadowhunters", "downworlders have their own home, what do they want in the institute? Don't forget that they all half demons and can also be dangerous", "downworlders are our friends" said Alec with a serious expression. The woman shaked her head "if you ask me, I don't really trust your instincts". Alec ignored her and turned to Victor Aldertree, one of the clave representatives "all the demon activities in brooklyn were reported to you", Victor nodded "Thank you, so fast?", "I have a lot of time in my office now", "I understand, I wanted to add something to the discussion before, there are a lot of chances that these people may be our friends but they have still demon blood", "i think I can rule my own institute very well by myself", "There is no wonder that you let them in" said the woman again "you're getting married to a demon", some of the representatives gasped and tried to hide their surprise, "I still think you need to rethink you decision" she said, "excuse me?" Asked Alec "What give you the right to talk about my private life?", "What will the consul think when we tell him that you're married to a downworlder man", "I don't care what the consul think about me, I'm getting married, every other thing is not your business" Alec nodded to others and left the room.