Chapter 49

Izzy and Lydia were the first who left. She seems to know when Lydia was too tired. Alec loved to see the caring side of his sister. When they left, Magnus and Alec were with Luke and Maryse now. Surprisingly it was awkward at all. They were laughing and talking, it was relaxing. Alec and Magnus were even holding hands on the table. Alec barely recognised his mother. She was so light and happy. He guess since she and his father divorced, it made her life better. She wasn't so bitter anymore and it was a small detail but she used different make up and opened her hair that made her look younger. That made Alec all warm in his heart. "Oh the cake is ready" said Luke and went to the kitchen. Maryse watched after him with heart eyes. Alec couldn't remember in his life that his mother ever looked at his father like that. His parents always seemed to be forced even look at each other, now she looked like a girl that had her first boyfriend. When she noticed Alec smile she shrugged blushing "What?", "your hair, you didn't fear a ponytail anymore" said Alec softly, Maryse brushed over her hair "I wanted to feel free", "it looks good on you" added Magnus, Maryse smiled at him. Luke came with the cake "What a shame that Izzy and Lydia can't eat with us, it's a recipe from Amatis, my sister". Magnus seemed to have a hole in his stomach because it was the third piece of the cake that he was eating, Alec giggled but still was afraid that Magnus could hurt himself from so much eating. Later Alec and Luke were in the kitchen and Magnus was on the balcony with Alecs mother. "Magnus" she sighed "you need to know that Alec told me about..that you gave your immortality for Alec", Magnus looked up, "You can't blame that when you and me had a bad history, you were a bachelor that had everyone on his list and I was afraid that Alec was one of them but a bachelor wouldn't marry and he wouldn't give everything up for his husband", "my immortality wasn't everything to me, it's Alec, he is my universe", Maryse smiled softly "I know that..now, thank you for giving me a second chance and take care of my Alec" and then she hugged Magnus for the first time ever.