Chapter 62

Their first morning where Madzie was with them was quiet. Alec and Magnus were already in the kitchen while they waited for Madzie. Alec looked at the clock and frowned. Shouldn't she be awake already? He knocked softly on her door "Madzie?", "yes?", Alec opened the door slowly, Madzie sat fully dressed on the bed, Alec looked confused "Why are you not coming out?", she looked shy "I don't know if I'm allowed", Alecs heart broke, that's how they threatened downworlders children. "Of course you can come out, it's your home now", she stood up and ran in the kitchen where Magnus raised her in his arms "hey sweet pea, how was your first night on your bed?", Madzie smiled "very comfy", "That's great", Alec sat down "I made breakfast for you, do you like eggs?", Madzie nodded and Magnus let her go so she could sit on the table. "Should I brush your heart, sweetie?" Asked Magnus, Madzie layed her hand protectively on her head "but don't hurt me", "h-hurt you?" He gave Alec a questioning look "of course not", "Anita hurt me all the time, she said that she will shave my hair because they are always so curly and annoying", Alec clenched his teeth, Magnus gently pushed over her hair with his fingers "That's nonsense, you hair are beautiful and I like that they are so curly", Madzie smiled and looked at her plate "can I eat?", Alec gave Magnus a worried look and Magnus kneeled beside Madzie "Sweetheart, look" he said sighing "you don't have to ask if you can eat or come out the room, these are things that don't need to be approved, it's your home now, you're safe here, we are here to protect you", Madzie looked at Alec who nodded, The girl touched the fork and said "good appetite".