Chapter 68

When Madzie came in the next morning to the kitchen. She meet her Papa sitting on the table and her Dad who stood with his hands on his hips and looking all serious but the she kissed his cheek "good morning Dad" and then Alec was melting. Madzie started to eat her breakfast and Alec cleared his throat "well, I was thinking about your punishment and.." he loved at Magnus "I think we can agree at one week, you screwed up but if you intend to be better then I would be..happy", Madzie jumped up and hugged Alec "Thank you Daddy" then of course she hugged Magnus. Alec was about to say something but his phone peeped and then he read the message. Magnus saw his face turn pale. It was a message from Alecs sister.
Maryse Lightwood passed away.
It was one of the desasters for Alec.
Weeks after her funeral he was crying in his bed while Magnus caresses his shoulder and kissed his cheek. He was now quieter. Magnus explained to Madzie. Deaths change people. But strong as Alec was, he came back again and was again the loving husband, the caring father. The clave representative. Clary was now the head of the institute. From the little girl she growled up into a confident woman with the first grey hair. As Izzy. And Lydia. Two later Izzy and Lydia married. It was one of the rarest times where Alec danced with Madzie but it didn't stayed long because his back started hurt. While everyone were busy and Magnus was talking with Izzy and Clary, Lydia smiled at Alec, her wedding dress was familiar with Izzys "What a party", Alec laughed and then coughed "Yeah, I think I'm kinda growing old", Lydia smiled "Yeah.." she sighed "I wish Maryse would see it", "Me too..and Jace". Oh Jace. Alec felt so selfish from not crying about his brother anymore but he was sure that's what Jace would want. He would be proud to see Clary like this. Like a leader. Lydia stood up "how about a slow dance, Lightwood Bane, are you still good for that?".