Chapter 44

"Do you think I should wear this dress?" Asked Lydia while looking at herself in the mirror, Magnus looked at her and nodded "you look good, calm down". They decided to dress up together for the dinner because they both felt like they're on the way to the cage of the lion. Magnus found it was a good idea to team up. Lydia gave him her necklace and he wrapped his about her neck and tried to close it, "she will like you" tried Magnus to calm her down, "Yeah its easy to say for you, on you she didn't has a choice, you're married to Alec", "That's the point, she didn't have a choice with you, but with you she will be completely honest, at least you don't had a problematic past with Maryse", "okay, you got the point", "I don't think someone had it worse", "Magnus?", "Hm?" He looked at his perfectly styled hair, "How does it feels?", Magnus heart jumped "What?", "being married", "oh..right, married..uhm it feels good", "did something change?", "a lot, downworlders look at me like they never seen me before because I'm a Lightwood Bane now, you know because Maryse worked with Valentine and the guy tried to kill us all and now I have the name of the one of his people", "alright but I mean about you, does something change inside of you? Do you still love Alec like you did before", "no, I love him much more and sometimes it feels like my heart with explose from so much love for him", "oh okay", "i think it's to early for you to marry Isabelle, you should know each other better", Lydias cheeks turned red "I didn't-", "I'm just saying, marriage is a big deal, you need to make sure that it's the one that you wanna spend your life with, you have to be ready to fight with her with the knowledge that you will forgive her, marriage is not something where you can just break up when something goes wrong, it's a promise, a serious promise", "Well..I'm happy that you know what you're doing", "I'm inlove but not stupid", "does love not make you..stupid a little bit?", "I lived too long to be fooled", "good point", "Now stop touching your hair all the time and let's go face Maryse Lightwood", "sounds scary", "I know" Magnus took a deep breath.