Chapter 41

The clave representatives acted just like Alec expected it. They looked at him like they never seen him before. The first comment came from a woman which name Alec didn't even tried to remember "Mr Lightwood, I thought that all the rumors about you being married to a downworlder man are just gossip but the ring on your fingers proves the opposite", Alec kept a stone cold face "and my last name, I'm a Lightwood Bane now", "Bane? You took a name of a downworlder with a..not very good reputation", Alec raised his eyebrow "Magnus Lightwood Bane is my husband now, that's his reputation", the woman looked away, Alec decided to stop being so good with the clave assholes, if they would say something offensive, he will say his opinion on it. The meeting went better than Alec expected, they didn't said anything bad about the downworld what made Alec wonder and one of the clave people even congratulated Alec with his marriage and wished him a peaceful and happy life with his husband. Alec smiled and shaked his hand with the words that he appreciated it. When the hall was empty, Alec looked at the hologram that showed the new plan for the defence of Idris when he heard steps behind him. Maryse stood beside Alec and nodded "That's a good plan, I like Lydias idea to make Idris more safer", Alec agreed. Maryse turned to him and cleared her throat "so uhmm..have you talked with Magnus about our dinner? Is he okay with it?", "yes but.." Alec sighed "he thinks you do it only for me and you don't care about him at all", "But this is not true, I care about Magnus, he makes you happy and safe, I'm very thankful for this", Alec pressed his lips together "Mom, there is something you need to know, but this is between us, alright?", Maryse nodded, "Magnus gave up his immortality to cure my heart, you know that I had this mundane disease but he cured me, he did it for me because he loves me, I just want you to know that so you can imagine how much he loves me", Maryse didn't knew what to say at first but then her eyes turned wet and she just hugged Alec "oh Alec, I'm..so happy that you won't die but I'm also sorry that Magnus had to give up so much, I hope he's okay".