Part 7

I widen my eyes on how intimately close I am to this.. stranger. But somehow I felt my heart skip a beat, and I was terribly blushing.  

After coming back my senses I pushed him away and stood on the ground. 

"Excuse me? What was that about? You can't just.. snatch stranger's book and play around with it like it's your own!" I snap. 

He doesn't even look one bit guilty. "Oops. My bad" he chuckles 

I snicker in disbelief. "That's a terrible way of saying sorry. Not accepted." I stomp back to my seat. 

He casually sits in front of me. "What's so personal in there anyway? It's just drawings. Weird ones too"

I stuff the book bag into my bag and made sure to zip it shut. 

"You don't know what could be personal or not to a person"

He snickers. "Anyway, Hazel and she asked me to give you this" he hands me what looked was a sandwich and almond milk. 

I give him a questioning look. "How do I know I can trust you after what you did?"

"If you don't wanna eat it then go ahead. You're only gonna waste it and that's not gonna do any good wouldn't it?" he smirks. 

"I'm only being cautious. I'll wait until Hazel comes and approves it's good for consumption"

He chuckles. "Up to you." He held out his hand. "I'm Ethan by the way" 

I hesitantly shook his hand. "Ruby" 

"I know" 

I was gonna ask how he did, but he probably heard my name from somewhere. 

"You're a dancer right?" he asks. 

"Mhm."

"You're dating that cocky ass basketball player Oliver dude right? You're friends with that cold overconfident cheerleader bitch and that annoying runner girl right? You're-"

My eyes widen. "How do you know these things?" I've never mentioned them in any of my interviews. At least, not in that way. 

"Some things never change" he snickers.

"Do I know you?"

"No, but I do. I was from your school. But I moved out.. if I'm not mistaken a year after that Oliver guy confessed to you. He confessed in 6th Grade didn't he??"

"Yeah, I guess." Damn, how does he remember these stuff. But now I think about it, we've been dating for quite a long time. 

"I'm surprised" he says. Me too. 

"You definitely remember things"

"How couldn't I? It was the most obnoxious and cliché thing that ever happened in my entire life. As much as I wished it was composed out of memory lane, it wouldn't fuck off. Can't believe y'all are still dating. By the looks on your face at that time, you most probably accepted him out of pity" 

"That's not true! I really did like him." Who was this guy to assume my emotions and feelings??

Although, there was a hint of truth from what he said, but it was back then. Now I truly do like Oliver. 

"The denial is present. But it's okay, you do you" 

"You should've approached me back then. Then maybe I'd somewhat remember who you are and we'd have a connection. Now you just seem like a stalker"

"Oh please, even if I did approach you back then, with you're hopeless memory you'd beg to remember"

He knows about my poor memory? Maybe I did kinda know him back then but like he said I probably forgot.

for youOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara