Part 72

I posted the video on my social media not long after we recorded it.

"Do you think people will like it?" I ask. We were bored in her house so we decided to go to the convenience store to buy some junk. 

We had only realised how late it was when we stepped out of her apartment and it was dark. 

"I'm positive people would love it!" she beams. 

I smiled. This night seemed like the perfect night. Our hands intertwined in each other, the sounds of crickets and the breeze of this dark night. 

"You should definitely sing more, your voice is beautiful" she says. 

I look at her and scoffed. "Please, it's nothing compared to yours."

"You can't compare your voice with mine, we're both completely different genders!" she laughs. "But I'm not kidding, for a boy your voice is absolutely" she does a chefs kiss motion with her free hand. I laugh at her cheekiness. 

"You really think so?"

"I mean every compliment I say to you" she says sternly earning another chuckle from me. 

We spent another few hours with each other, eating all the junk food that we bought at the store. We laughed too much until we cried tears of joy and even spoke about deep stuff that I never thought we would share, which we ended cracking up about because of how serious we got. 

"Don't fucking laugh at everything!" I yell at Ruby and throw a pillow at her. 

"Sorry it's just too funny" she choked out through her laughter. "You were like 'it hurts me a lot to see them in that condition, and it hurts me even more that I couldn't do anything about it'" she mocks my words. 

"It's not funny!" I pout. "Turtles are beautiful creatures and doesn't it tear you up about the fact they're literally dying?"

"I do care! It's just the way you say it makes me fucking-" her words were cut off by her laughing again. A laugh escaped my lips of how delirious she is so I tackled her. 

She squirms and squeals when my fingers dip at her stomach as she moves around, trying to escape away. 

"You laugh too much" I smiled and tickled her even harder. I grew tired from the tackles and I could tell she was too so I stopped and laid my head on her chest, out faces a few inches from each other. 

She was still trying to catch her breath from all the laughter so I took the opportunity to look at her features up close, who knows if I'm gonna get a chance like this again. 

Her skin looked so soft and delicate, like the texture of petals. Her eyes, god you could get lost in those eyes even if you and hers meet for a couple seconds. Her soft pink lips look so intriguing, makes me wanna kiss her every time I look at them. 

So out of her surprise I lean in and gently press my lips against hers. The euphoric feeling of when she leaned in to kiss me for the first time sparks, and I smile into the kiss. 

I pull away and she smiles at me. "I like it when you smile during our kiss." 

I like you. Your smile, your countless expressions and your beautiful features. If I could list down all the expressions that you've showed when you're with me I would.

Like the way she bats her eyelashes when she tries to act cute or the way her bottom lips stick out when I talk about something that means a lot to me, a sign that she's attentively listening. 

The way she sometimes bites her lips when in anticipation drives me fucking insane. Or the way her forehead crinkles and her eyes squint when she's focused on something. It never fails to make me wonder what she's reading or watching when it turns out to be a mere YouTube video. 

All these features I carefully scan that are now deeply engraved in my memory, in hopes I will need it for future use. 

"Ethan?" she calls out, snapping me back from my daydream.

She was about to say something, but I cut her off. 

"Ruby, I love you. And I never plan on letting us go."