Part 14

ethan's pov

I pace back and forth in my room, trying to figure out a solution to improve myself in order to impress a girl. By a girl I mean Ruby Hansel

Am I too nosy? But then how am I supposed to know details about her? 

Should I clean up my hair a bit? But then I'd look like her boyfriend, which defeats the purpose of what I'm doing. 

Or maybe I should intensify my workout? Maybe a buff body is what she likes? But that is way too much effort I'd rather not put in. 

I grunt is frustration and let myself fall onto the bed.

Fuck, why is it so hard to make her fall for me

The door creaks open and Hazel's head pops in. "I'm going to the convenience store, want anything?"

"No" I immediately reply. 

"Kay." 

"Wait wait!" I sat up. 

"What?"

"I need your help with something."

"What is it?"

"C-Can you go to the convenience store some other time? This is much more important."

"Can't. My boyfriend is coming over tonight and I need to buy some snacks."

"You could buy after you help me."

"It closes in an hour."

"Then go to another one! What convenience store closes at that time anyway? It's supposed to be convenient-"

"If your problem is that important, you could just follow me hm?" she smirks, knowing I don't have the energy for that. 

I roll my eyes and paused for a minute, weighing my benefits if I followed her. 

"Can you decide a bit faster? I don't have all day."

I sighed in frustration. "Fine I'll follow."