Part 45

ethan's pov

I head back upstairs after boiling the noodles and draining the water. When I entered, she wasn't there. 

"Ruby?" I call out. 

Suddenly, the curtains to my window swung open. I was blinded by the light for a second but when my eyes had adjusted to the brightness, I was surprised at what I saw. 

Ruby stood there, with my old microphone and she sang. 

Everything about that moment. Her melodious voice, the way she looked at me as those beautiful words rolled off her tongue ever so perfectly, and the light against her made her look even more ethereal. 

It was as if time slowed down by the second, the universe letting me appreciate this moment the best I could although I was caught off-guard and too surprised to think about anything other than kissing her. 

She stopped singing and looked at me with a smile. "How was it?"

I could feel the heat on my cheeks and the redness of my ears. I could only pray that it wasn't too obvious.

"W-What?" I say. 

"How was my singing?"

Beautiful, breathtaking, absolutely fucking amazing. "It was good. Really really good."

"Really? Ah I'm flushed!" she covers her cheeks. 

"I didn't know you could sing."

"I can't. I did that just for fun." 

"Yeah right" I snort. "You should record it and post it on your social media. One hundred percent you'll become more famous than you currently are."

"But I don't want to" she pouts. "I'm comfortable with my fame right now."

"Please? I'll record it for you."

"Fine I'll do it.. for a condition."

"What is it?"

"We have to do a duet." 

I almost choked on my own saliva upon hearing those words. "A duet?"

"Yeah! I wanna hear your singing voice too."

"Fine. But not now. Anyway here is your cooked ramen" I hand her the bowl. 

"Thank you!" she takes the bowl and pours in the sauce that came with it. 

Just the thought of me and Ruby's voices serenading together in the perfect melody already makes me gushy. God the butterflies when I'm around you truly makes me fucking sick.