Part 65

ruby's pov

"Can you let go?" I plead, but he was far too busy running than actually listening to the person he's dragging along. 

"We're already far from there! Just stop here" I said louder but he continues to ignore. I tried pushing him away but his grip was too strong.

"You can't just keep dragging me when you please!" I yelled, earning concerned looks from people. As if it could get any better, his grip got super tight probably because he's pissed. 

"Ethan, it hurts" I whimper. He abruptly lets me go and because of how fast he was running, I fell backwards. The area on my wrist that he held was white and had a slight tint of purple on it. 

He crouches in front of me and takes my hand, gently caressing the bruised skin. 

"Fuck I did this" he says under his breath. "I'm sorry."

"It's okay." I was kind of glad he dragged me out of there, I didn't want to be anywhere near Oliver. 

"Let's sit there" he points towards a nearby tree and we both lean against it. 

"Ruby.. why are you still with that guy" he says. It was more of a plead than a question. 

"I- don't know.." I trailed off. 

"Don't you see how he's treating you?? He's literally controlling you! How is that a good relationship??"

I kept silent. I'm dumb. I'm fucking stupid for only realising this now. 

He sighs. "He's treating you like shit, Ruby. For your own happiness, break up with him."

Those words hit me hard. I guess it's the fact that 'break up' is a harsh word, or that maybe I'm just scared. 

"I can't bear to see you so.. vulnerable and weak in front of him. It's so terrifying and heartbreaking."

"I'll figure something out."

"Are you still gonna be with him?"

"I- I don't know Ethan! I can't think right now."

"Whatever your choice is, please put your happiness at priority."