Part 8

Then, Hazel comes walking towards us. I internally thank her since time alone with this guy is gonna get me more confused and annoyed.

"Hey! You guys warmed up to each other?" she asks, taking the seat beside Ethan. 

"Yup" he smiles. 

"Hazel, sorry to say but your boyfriend here is kinda annoying and I'd like him to stay 10 feet away from me onwards" I smile mockingly, imitating the smile he did just a few seconds ago. 

"Boyfriend?? Oh we're not dating. He's my cousin." 

"Oh I see" I nod. "Well then tell your cousin to stay at least 10 feet radius from me. He's kind of a pain in the ass" 

She nudges his shoulder and gives him a death glare plus a questioning look. 

"Sorry, about him. I had to run some errands and he was the nearest person" 

"It's okay" this time I give her a reassuring smile. 

Ethan snickers. "You guys are acting like I'm some wild 5 year old. Can't you guys take jokes?" he rolls his eyes. 

Lunch period passes by with Hazel telling me about previous, upcoming and annual school events. All of it sounds fun, but a lot of it required help from her Peer Counselling team. 

She told me about her insanely busy schedule throughout and that she is glad that this is her final year and that for college she plans on signing up for clubs with lighter activities. 

After the bell rings, she brings me to my class and the day goes on better than I expected it to be.