Part 44

School just ended and I just received my schedule for my dance rehearsals, tomorrow onwards I have practise everyday till late at night. I don't have any today so I planned to go to the studio and practise what I learned yesterday with Lucas. 

"Hey Lucas."

"Hey, what's up?" he says on the other line. 

"Are you doing anything later?" 

"Hm wait let me check." 

"Ruby!" I looked behind me and I see Ethan running towards me. I covered my phone. 

"Do you wanna come over later?" he asks. 

"To your house?"

"Yeah! I need help with my Maths homework." 

"I don't know.. I kinda have practise later."

He frowns. "Kinda? Is it important? Can you hang out with me just for today? I won't disturb your schedule afterwards" he pleads. 

"Fine" I say. I remove my hand from the speaker. 

"Hello?" I say. 

"Hey! I thought the line broke or something."

"No, I was just talking to someone. But forget what I said just now, I'm going over to a friend's."

"Alright then, see you tomorrow!" 

"See you!" I say and ended the call. 

"Let's go" he says and drags me to his bicycle. 

When we entered his room I immediately fell onto his bed, taking most of the space so he sat the end of it.  

"Is your dad- or uncle constantly not home?" I ask.

"I don't know, never thought about it. He never cares about me anyway, he'd only want me home if he has business friends over so I'd have to stay in my room until those friends leave."

"That's sad."

"It is. But I'm used to it."

"That's even sadder" I chuckle at the end. He rolls his eyes and laughs along. 

"Anyway, do you wanna start on you're homework now?"

"Obviously not" he sneers. "We can do that later. Let's watch a movie."

"But-"

"I got that ramen that you like" he adds.

I gasped in excitement. "Really?? For me?"

"Duh, that shit's too spicy for me" he says.

"Where is it?"

"Downstairs. I'll go boil the noodles so wait here." 

"Okay." When he exits the room I get off his bed and wandered around the room. It's pretty neat, neater than Oliver's definitely. I didn't want to open his closet because that seemed too personal so I ducked under his bed to see if there was anything there. 

There was a box that seemed full. I pulled it out and scavenged through the items. 

A shiny thing at the bottom caught my eye so I grabbed it and to my surprise.. it was a microphone. 

Oh yeah.. he told me before about his passion for singing.

I flipped the switch to see if it was still working and to my surprise again it was. It lit up and your voice projected loudly if you spoke into it, like every good microphone. 

Suddenly, an idea appeared flickered in my mind like a light bulb.