Part 67

Soon we arrived at the mystery destination. 

"A park?"

"Yeah, the place just now was suffocating."

"True." The park had only around five people, which was weird for this time since parks are usually crowded in the late afternoons. 

"Is this park abandoned or something?" I chuckled, remembering the time when Ethan brought me to an abandoned field. 

"No, no one really knows about this park so it's a good place to clear your thoughts." It was truly a beautiful park, I wonder why no one knows about it. He brings me to a small bridge in the middle of the park and sat down. 

The bridge was built over a big pond and it had no railings, basically a bunch of planks built into a curve. It had a nice aesthetic to it so I wasn't complaining. 

I sat beside him and let my legs dangle down while he kept his crossed. 

"How do you know all these empty places?"

"Empty places??" he chuckles at my use of phrase. "Well I have a lot of free time so besides hanging out at grocery stores I like to wander around the city and I just happened to stumble upon these 'empty places'."

I nod. "Anyway, were you gonna tell me anything?"

He nods. I expected him to ask me deeper and more personal questions about my relationship with my boyfriend but instead he gently takes my hand and places it over my heart. 

This action surprises me. "Does your heart beat this fast when you're around your boyfriend?"

His tone was serious, as if demanding for an immediate answer. I lightly shook my head. With my hand still in his he places it over his heart. 

"Mine beats this fast when I'm around you." 

I could feel the heat building up in my cheeks, my heart beating 100x faster. Oh god, what are you doing to me, Ethan..

"I don't know if you know what I'm trying to say but.." his words trail off and he intertwines his hands in mine. 

"Ruby, it hurts me so much to see how Oliver is treating you. You deserve so much more than that, you deserve more love and care and appreciation than he has ever given you. W-What I'm trying to say is that he's not the one for you."

"I can be the one for you, Ruby. I'll take care of you and make up for all the love you should've received for the past years you've been with him." 

His eyes stared deeply into mine, like they're trying to decipher my emotions. And well.. the eyes speak louder than the mouth and it can probably already tell what he feels towards me is mutual. 

The next words he spoke made my heart burst with madness. 

"I love you, Ruby. Be mine?" he says, the last words more of a confirmation than a question.

I wanted to look down but I couldn't look away from his gorgeous chocolate eyes. All the words I want to say was stuck in my throat and I wasn't able to form the accurate and perfect words to reply to him. So I did the next thing. 

I leaned in and kissed him.