Part 30

Lunch came by so I sat at my usual spot; the bench at the field. I was completing a workbook that I brought just in case I didn't feel like eating, gladly that was what happened and I got to put the book to use. 

About 10 minutes into studying a hear footsteps striding towards me. 

"Hey" said Ethan. 

"Hey" I replied, not looking away from my book. 

"What are you doing?"

"What do you think?"

"Studying." 

"Then there's no need for questions" I said, hinting that I don't wanna be disturbed. 

From the corner of my eye I see him sit directly in front of me. "What are you studying for? Exam is months away."

"I don't need to wait for exams to study." 

There was silence afterwards so I thought he'd be fed up and leave, and that I'll finally be in peace. 

"What are you studying?" he asks.

"APUSH."

"Oh, you like APUSH?"

"No, the opposite. I barely understand anything so I'm doing practise to get better at it." 

"Oh okay." There were several moments of silence again before I felt him get up and leave. 

I sighed. God, APUSH is so brain killing. The amount of facts I have to read and memorise.. making me give up on everything. 

I took a deep breath and picked up my pen to continue when the table shook. I look up and it's Ethan again. This time he has two books in his hand and a pencil case. 

"Are you good at Maths?" he asks. 

"I understand it." 

"Okay, so you're good." He sits down. 

"I'm terrible at Maths so you will have to teach me." 

"You want me to teach you Maths?" I chuckled unbelievably. 

"Yeah. What's so wrong with that? I want to genuinely understand Maths so that I don't fail the next term." 

"What do I get in return? Money? Free food?" 

"I'll teach you APUSH" he smirks. 

My mouth gapes a bit. "You're good at APUSH?"

"It's just facts so it's nothing for me to put effort in. Well, at least not as much as Maths. What do you say? Wanna tutor each other?" he held out his hand, probably for me to shake it. 

It didn't take long for me to shake his hand in agreement. 

He opens his book and starts reading the first question out loud. 

"I already don't understand it" he grins at me cheekily. 

I chuckled. "Don't be ridiculous. Read again and process everything first before you turn to me. List down the formulas that could be useful and break down the objective of the question in a way you'll understand."

"Fine" he huffs and reads the question again, this time quietly. 

●●●●●●●●●●●

author's note

hello readers !! it's the author here hehehe thank you so much for reading this book so far you're time taken is deeply appreciated ♡^ _ ^♡ sorry for the frequent change of povs and if you have any questions about me or the book do comment !1!1!1! i love u guys :^3