scene 6- unhelpful

"What was that about?"
"I don't know. He said he remembered something."
"He sounded sad."
"Yeah."
"I wonder why."
"I'll go ask him."
"I'll come with you."

Twilight walked over to Wild, Wind following closely behind.

"Hey," he said gently, placing a hand on his shoulder. "You said you remembered something. What was that?"

Wild signed, "Something happened to me that made me forget stuff. I just remembered something from before that. Sometimes that happens."
"Oh."
"I'm a knight. I think I remembered training or something."
"That makes sense."

Time walked over and asked Twilight to come back with him, and he followed, leaving Wild and Wind together.

"So, you said something happened that made you forget stuff. What was that thing?"
"I... got hurt."
"Oh, okay. How did you get hurt?"
Wild just shrugged instead of answering.

"Okay everyone, let's get moving!"
At the sound of Time's voice, they all started walking. Wild took the excuse to not talk anymore gratefully and started walking.

As he walked, he thought the memory.

~~~~

He was in a courtyard. Several people- knights, probably- were training with wooden swords. He was training as well, fighting another knight. The other swung at him, and he jumped away. He swung back and hit successfully. The other man swung again, and this time when he dodged, he jumped back. The world around him slowed down as he landed multiple blows on the knight. It was a familiar feeling, one that he had experienced several times before. It came to him naturally. He called it a flurry rush. The opponent fell to the ground, putting his hands up in defeat.

~~~

Wild sighed. "What's wrong?" He turned to see Wind, who had asked the question. "Nothing," he signed. "Really? It doesn't seem like it. I'm pretty sure something's bothering you." "It's really nothing you need to worry about." "Okay, if you're sure."

Wind skipped off, leaving Wild by himself. He sighed, wondering if he would get more memories because of things happening, or of this was a one time thing. Part if him hoped it wasn't, but part of him also hoped it was.

He just wanted to have fun for once without getting interrupted by himself. Why was he always ruining things? Things that both he and other people were enjoying. He had been having fun, but a stupid memory ruined it.

He put a happy face on and caught up with the group, not wanting to worry anyone with his stupid self-hating thoughts.

●●●

After what felt like ages of following everyone else, they stopped to set up camp. Wild decided to take a nap while everyone else ate.

~~~

The Calamity. The guardians. The Malice. Why wouldn't they just leave him alone? They were killing him. Not physically, no, but mentally. He was losing his mind to these things. Everything hurt him. Everything he thought, saw, and felt. Everyone he knew and loved, they hurt him to look at. He couldn't bear to think of losing them, too.

And when he remembered everything that had happened to him, he knew it would only be a matter of time before he lost everything again. He just couldn't keep a hold on anything. Why bother meeting people of they would just forget you?

Everything that scared him was constantly beating on him, crowding around him until he couldn't bear it, trying to get to him. He wished they would stop, but wishing doesn't do much.

Everything that scared him would come back every time he shut his eyes. He saw the Calamity, he heard the Guardians, he felt the pain in his heart.

He saw Calamity Ganon crawling around him, that grotesque thing swinging giant blades at him, only wanting to kill. He saw Dark Beast Ganon destroying everything in its path, including him. Especially him. He imagined not succeeding. He imagined Zelda dying. He imagined himself dying for a second time.

He imagined everything he had left being taken away from him, and he couldn't bear it.

No, he yelled. No. Nobody would hear him. Nobody cared. He was just the princess's knight. Nothing important about him. He was just a back ground character. A useless, insignificant background character that nobody knew or cared about.

●●●

"No!!" Twilight and several others turned to Wild in surprise as he thrashed around, yelling. "No, she's all I have left, please! I'll be useful this time, I promise! No! Stop!" He started crying. That wasn't much of a surprise anymore.

Twilight crawled over from where he was sitting. He shook Wild awake, and after a few shakes, he woke up. As soon as he did, he sat up, looked around, and stood up. He ran off onto he trees, leaving the group to wonder what just happened.

~

He had to get away. He didn't want them to see him break down again. This would be, what, the second time in two days? Third time, even? That was way too much. It was stupid that it kept happening in front of people he barely knew.

It felt like all he was doing was getting upset. Everything made him think about other things that made him sad. Sad wasn't really a good word to describe the feeling. Not strong enough.

Why was this happening to him? It wasn't affecting anyone else. Just him. Was he really alone? Yes. Yes, he was. Sure, there were people trying to help him, but they didn't do much. They just didn't want him ruining their lives.

Why was he getting scared by everything? The obvious answer was that the Calamity had affected him and made him paranoid. Yes, this was the Calamity's fault. But was it really? Probably not. It was probably just him being stupid. Just him going crazy.

He should leave before he messed anything else up for them. Anyways, he was getting worried about Zelda.