scene 131- carve

This blade...
It had hurt him so many times...
No.
It was him.
He had hurt himself.
He was only using it.

And here he was, doing again.

His left arm was riddled with marks. His entire forearm was completely covered. Well, not completely. But close to it. He hated them. They were ugly.

And here he was, adding to them.

He was surprised that nobody had ever mentioned them or pointed them out before. Maybe they just assumed that they were from something else.
That was fine by him. In fact, he preferred it.

And here he was, making it more obvious.

He had told Twilight about it. That was quite a while ago, though. Before he started doing it again. Did he even remember that?
He kind of hoped that he didn't.

Blood.
It was pretty.
Especially when it was late like this.

The crimson on his arm and the blade shone in the dying orange sunlight.
He sighed.
He should be getting back to the farm. But he didn't really want to. He'd rather just sit here.

He'd rather sit here and cut.

●●●

"Hey, Twilight. Where's Time? He's usually here."
"He went back to his place."
"Oh. Makes sense. I'm guess that's why not many others are here?"
Twilight nodded. "It's pretty much just me. And Hero. He's never at his own Hyrule."
Hero looked over and nodded, then went back to what he was doing, which was carving wood.

Wild walked over and watched him, blinking. Something about it... well, he felt like he knew exactly how to do it.

●~●~●

He sat at his work bench and set a block of wood down in front of him. He picked up a pencil and looked at a piece of paper. He had sketched out a few ideas, and was now choosing his favorite. He circled it and started marking the block. Once he finished that, he picked up his carving knife and started.

~~

He sat down at his work bench and brandished his knife. He resumed cutting away the wood. The sculpture began to take shape, and he smiled. He had a good feeling about this one.

~~

He proudly admired the newly formed horse standing in front of him. He gently picked it up and set it next to many other sculptures on a shelf. He had decided not to paint this one, since he was getting busier and busier. It would probably also be quite a while before he would be able to do another.

He decided to write Ailey a letter, thanking her for the new carving knife. It was a nice one, and he liked it a lot. It was also good for that... other thing. But he wouldn't tell her about that. She didn't need to know.

●~●~●

Wild stepped back, blinking. He quickly looked over at Twilight, then at Hero's carving.
He ran over to Twilight and exclaimed,
"I need my knife. The very first one I had. I need it."
"What? Why?"
"I- just- I need it. Please. It's important."

Twilight nodded, confused, and picked up his sword.
"I'll go get it. It's in my house."
Wild nodded excitedly.
"Thank you!"

Twilight smiled and pushed his sword into the ground. A few minutes later, he came back, holding a knife. It was quite nice, and Wild immediately grabbed it from Twilight's hand.

He shoved it in his pocket and ran off, giving no explanation as to what he was doing.

After several minutes, he came back carrying some wood. He tossed it on the ground and looked through it. He found a large piece, and he set it on one of the logs they were using for seating. He took out the knife that Twilight brought him and he sat down. He then began carving it, just like Hero. However, he appeared much more confident about it, despite the fact that it seemed like he hadn't done it at all before.

Twilight smiled. If that made Wild happy, then it made him happy.

●●●

Wild yawned.

"You should probably go to sleep."
"Nah, I'm good. Anyway, I'm doing really good."
"Alright, then. Don't stay up too long. I'm going to bed."
"Okay."

Twilight climbed into his sleeping bag. Hero had gone to sleep earlier, so only Twilight and Wild were still awake.

Wild had moved to the table and was using glowing stones, a torch, and the light of the Sheikah Slater's screen to see. The objects were arranged around him so that he could see all sides of his sculpture. He had made quite a bit of progress since he started, and he obviously didn't want to stop now.

Twilight trusted him enough go to sleep soon and to not stay up all night.
Hopefully he'd actually do that.

●●●

Twilight woke up to find that Wild had not, in fact, gone to bed at a reasonable hour. Instead, he had fallen asleep at the table.

He walked over and looked at the sculpture. Wild had made a horse. It looked really nice.
He looked back at Wild. Should he wake him up, or let him sleep?

He decided to leave him be. He probably hadn't been asleep that long, and he needed sleep. After all, it had only been a day or two since he passed out.

Twilight still wasn't sure what that was caused by. He had narrowed it down to fatigue, bit what was the fatigue caused by? Wild had walked farther than that. He had more stamina than that.

Maybe he still wasn't eating enough. It had been ages since they talked about that, or even thought about it.

Although, he seemed a little stressed lately. Maybe that was it.
Maybe it was both things.

●●●

~Maybe it's Maybelline~
~that's such a stupid joke I'm sorry~