scene 46- sickle

"Hey! Hey!"
Great. That girl again.
"Hey! How are you doing? I forgive you for the knife thing! I was coming off pretty strongly, wasn't I?"
He rolled his eyes before turning to face Aubrey.
"Hello."
"Hi! So, how are you?"
He might as well be polite.
"Fine. You?"
"I'm good, but I'm much happier when you're around." She looked up at his horse. "That's a pretty horse."
He nodded. "Yes. I agree. In fact, you remind me of one of my horses."

She sighed, and he smiled, suppressing laughter. Not because of her reaction or anything, but how she reminded him of his horse. The horse she reminded him of was the slowest, least pretty(he wouldn't say ugly) ,and most annoying horse he had.

"You're so handsome..."
"Uh, thanks?"
Then, without warning, she grabbed him by the shoulders and gripped his shirt.
"Um, what are you doing?"
Her only response was a sly smile. She ripped his shirt off and gasped.
"Th-those bandages! They cover too much!"
She reached for the bandages, but he pushed her hand away.
"Don't touch those, dumbass."

She frowned for a second before smiling again.
"Oh well. You're still just as beautiful. What are those bandages for?"
"I don't want to talk about that."
"Aw, why not?"
"I just don't want to, okay? Jeez."
"Hmph."
She crossed her arms.
"Why do you want to see what's under the bandages?"

"Because... I want to see your blood!"
She snapped and turned into a Yiga, taking him by surprise.
"What the- it's an old injury! You wouldn't even see any blood!"
She paused, standing up straight.
"Yeah, well... oh, who cares? I'm going to kill you anyways!"

He took out his sword and swung at her, but nothing happened. The blade didn't injure her or anything. He threw it down to the ground frustration, shouting,
"Seriously? What a convenient time to run out of power!"

He picked it up again and hopped onto his horse, quickly galloping away.

The Yiga girl threw her sickle down the ground as well.
"Dammit! Failed my first mission already!"

●●●

He was still upset with himself regarding that girl. Why didn't he realize that she was a Yiga member? She was really suspicious. He should have noticed.

And he was pretty pissed off. Imagine if he had liked her back? That would have been playing with his emotions. Hopefully that wouldn't happen.

●●●

He walked up to a girl on a horse, hoping she could help him.
"Hey. Do you know where the nearest stable is?"
"Yup. In fact, I'm heading there myself."
"Good. We can go there together."
She smiled. "Do you have a horse?"
"Yup." He nodded.

He went to where he had left it, but it wasn't there. That was odd. He looked around the area, still not finding the horse. He walked back to the girl.
"Oh, can you not find your horse?"
"Nope."
"Well, you can ride with me."
He looked at her suspiciously.
"What's wrong?"
"Are you a Yiga?"
"What? No!"
Of course she'd say no. What was he expecting her to say?

He decided to keep talking about that to see if she started acting weird.
"Sorry. I was attacked by a Yiga a little bit ago. They were disguised as a girl that liked me. I guess I'm just being paranoid."
She smiled and laughed.
"That's fine. I understand."

She seemed trustworthy enough.
"What's your name?"
"Morgan. You?"
"Doesn't matter."
He climbed onto the horse and put his hands in her shoulders.
"Let's go."

●●●

Soon, they reached the stable, and he thanked Morgan. He got a bed, and so did the girl. Since they got beds one after the other, the beds were next to each other, which he thought would be a bit awkward.

He ended up not being able to sleep, so he went outside in the middle of the night. He sat by a cooking pot, falling asleep there.

●●●

"Hey. How did you sleep?"
He looked up and saw Morgan standing next to him. "Hm?"
"Not well, by the look of it. Where you even able to get any sleep?"
He shook his head. "No, not really. But I'm used to it."
He stood up, stumbling a little.
"Are you okay? You look like you haven't eaten recently, either. Is something wrong?"
He glared at her.
"Okay, okay. Well, you should at least eat something. I'll make something to eat, okay?"
"Fine."

She tossed some stuff in the pot, rocking back and forth a little. She was humming a tune similar to what he hummed when he made food. That made him smile.

"Okay, all done." She handed some food to him. "Here you go."
He took it and politely thanked her. He took a bite and smiled.
"That's good!"
"Thanks. I like cooking."
"Me too."
Morgan smiled at him.

He ate a few bites and started playing with the food on the plate, not eating any more.
"Are you not hungry?"
"Yeah. I couldn't finish this."
"Really? You need to eat something. Anyway, you said that you liked it."
"I do, I'm just not that hungry."
"I'm not sure I completely believe you, but okay. I can eat that."

He gave it to her, glad that she didn't insist on wasting good food on him.
"So, where do you live?"
He was a little hesitant to answer the question, still not completely trusting of her. He decided that it couldn't hurt to answer her, since she hadn't done anything suspicious yet.
"I have a house in Hateno, but I'm rarely ever there. I prefer exploring."
"Me too!"
"We have a lot in common, then."
"Really? What else is similar?"
"We both like cooking and we hum when we cook."
She laughed. "Interesting. I have a dog. Do you have any pets?"
"Well, I wouldn't really consider him a pet. More of a friend."
"What animal is he?"
"A wolf."
"A wolf? That's cool! How did you train it?"
"I never trained it. He kind of just started following me around. It does seem like he's been trained before, though. He's very well-behaved."
"Huh. That's cool."

Morgan finished eating and they bid each other goodbye, promising that next time they meet, they'd go to Hateno together.