All Memories

All memories meaning Wild's, Zelda's, and Morgan's. It took me ages to find all of these. Remember, they are NOT in order of events. They are in the order they appear in the story.

●~●~●

"Hey! Link! Come look at this!"
He rolled his eyes and turned to face a little girl. She held her hands out, smiling.
"What is it, Ailey?"
"I wanted to show this to you!"
She thrust her hands out at him. He peered into her cupped hands and saw a small lizard.
"I found this!"
He ruffled her hair, then signed,
"Nice. You're good at finding things."
The girl beamed.
"I know!"

~●~●~

He ran up to her, and they met in an embrace. Such good friends. He had been looking forward to this visit for a while now.
They broke apart, already prepared to tell of their recent adventures.

~

She ran up to him, but he stood still.
"What's wrong, Link?"
He said nothing. What could he say?
He had to be quiet. If he spoke, he could ruin his reputation. Get too informal.
"Is everything alright?"
He still said nothing, only nodding. What could he tell her? That he wasn't here to see her? That he was her for other reasons? That he was here strictly for job-related reasons?
She'd be hurt by it, no matter what he said. So it would be better to just keep his mouth shut.

He looked over at the other guards. If he was one of them again, he could talk to her. At least have a conversation.
He looked at the other princess. She was talking to the king.

He sighed.
"You can tell me if something's bothering you."
"It's nothing. You don't need to worry about me. Go... go do something else."
The least he could do was be blunt. It was better than nothing.

Anyway, her being here would only distract him. He had to focus on the other princess. Not his princess.

~●~●~

Someone was watching them. He could feel it. He looked around, his hand already on the hilt of his sword.
He saw something red behind a tree. He drew his sword, preparing for trouble.
Then, there was a flash of red. The Yiga had left. Hopefully.

~~~

Someone was there.
Again?
Really?

He turned to the Yiga sneaking behind him, and they jumped in surprise. He ran at them with his sword out, and they held their sickle out in front of them, looking away. He knocked the weapon out of their hands and they ran off.

What a coward. He almost pitied them They couldn't even do their job right.
Unlike him. Protecting the princess was one thing he could do right. One of the only things, really. The only thing he consistently did well.

~●~●~

"Link? You will come visit, right?"
"Of course. I'll only be in the castle. It's not that far away."
"Well, when you visit, tell me what the castle is like, okay?"
"Of course. I'll tell you all about it."
"Thank you! I love you, Linky. And I'm really happy that you get to be the princess's knight. I hope you like it."
"I love you, too, Ailey."