scene 84- p#######

"Anyways, in this dream, I was standing in a field. Nothing strange about that. It was sunny and nice. I saw a patch of Silent Princesses. It was the first time I had seen so many in one place. Then, the sky went dark, and Wild- I mean, Link- gosh, it's so weird saying that name- well, anyways, he appeared near the flowers. He was holding one himself. Then... he started bleeding. From his chest-" he poked the left side of his chest- "from the long scar that goes down his torso, from the side of his neck, like something had stabbed him there..."
He trailed off at the end, eyebrows furrowed.

Suddenly, he stood up with his hands on the table and shouted,
"F**k!"
He looked over to where Link and the eldest of the group were before running over there.

All Zelda could do was watch. What was the rest of the dream? What did it mean?

It seemed to show everything that killed him. But it seemed like there was more that he was going to say. So what else was he going to say?

She stood up and walked over to Twilight and the other person. The person had been sitting next to Link, who was lying on the ground, facing away. She ignored the two males and kneeled down next to Link.

It was as if she was suddenly deaf. All she heard was extremely muffled noises and her own heartbeat. She laid a hand on Link's cold arm, blinking.

Why did he do this again? Now that she knew that there were other people trying to help him, it made even less sense. What reason did he have?

It made her bitter. She had managed to stay alive for this long. Why couldn't he? He was supposed to protect her. To help her. Yet all he did was stand around.
His job was so much easier than hers. So why did he find it so much harder than her? Did he think that his role was that much harder than hers? So much harder that he couldn't stand it anymore? Weak. He was weak and entitled.

What was he doing now? Probably enjoying himself. How she wished she could join him. But she had things to do. Rebuilding a kingdom and all.

At this point, this was just a break for him. Why couldn't she take a break like this? And people felt bad for him. Why should they feel bad if he chose this? He wanted this.

He wanted to make her hurt. He wanted to cause her pain. That was why he did this. Why he did it twice.
Would he do it a third time? Just to torture her? Just to kill her more? Kill her, not physically, but emotionally. Hurt her more than she already was.

Was his emotional baggage really that much? He didn't even remember anyone. She remembered people. She remembered loving them. She remembered their love towards her. She remembered thinking that nothing could go wrong, now that they had the Divine Beasts. Oh, how wrong she was. So naive. So stupid.

And he just stood there. He didn't experience the same stress as her. The same emotions. He just stood there. And did nothing. Nothing to help her. He didn't offer support. So why should she offer him support now?

What should she do when he came back? Would she just accept him again? Would she be bitter towards him? Would she push him away? Would she love him? Hate him?

Why was she so upset at him? This wasn't his fault. It was hers. She didn't see it. Not even after the first time. All she did was give him work.

She didn't ask him if he was okay, she didn't give him support, she didn't help him. She didn't even realize that anything was wrong. She was too caught up with rebuilding Castle Town.

So what about him? She couldn't just ignore him or pretend that nothing happened. She'd have to help him. But how?

She'd have to, one way or another. After all, he was probably more important than her. All she did was aid him and keep the Calamity at bay. He did all the work. Not her. He deserved help more than she did.

She felt a hand on her shoulder. She looked behind her and saw the older man there. He was also looking down at Link. He looked so... sad. No, more than sad. Regretful. And like he was thinking of the past. Things that had happened long ago.

He only had one good eye. There was scar over the other. What had he been through?

Come to think of it, it seemed like everyone here had been through something. What a group. They seemed just as strong as Link. Just as brave. If only Link saw that.

She smiled. It was good to know that he had so much support here. So many people to relate to. She was even a little jealous.

To think that he had a whole other life while he was away... How did he manage it? He was constantly helping her. He only went out occasionally. And it wasn't for too long. Only a couple hours at a time.
Even if he was upset, he'd always come back within a few hours.
But he'd act as if he had been gone for days.

Maybe he just got over things quickly. That was a good skill to have, especially in his situation. Although, it didn't seem likely. It was probably something else. Maybe he just hid it well. Yes, that was probably it.
He just hid it well.

After a while, she went back to the main area with Twilight, leaving the other man with Link.

"I'm glad he has people to help him. Hylia knows I don't do that enough."
At the statement, Twilight only looked at her guiltily.

But she knew that if anyone was to blame for this, it was her, not him. He didn't do anything wrong. She did. It was her fault. Just like everything else.

Her fault.