scene 88- them

Time stood at the edge of the forest, looking out into the field.

He didn't want to go back to how he was before. He thought that was in the past. So why was he being like this now?

Maybe he was getting too old for this. Twilight and Sky could handle this.

Although... if he stopped coming, everything would probably fall apart. Sky was never here.

So he couldn't just stop coming. Anyway, Twilight didn't know what to do for Wild. And Wind... something was going on with him.

Speaking of Wind, where was he? He turned around and went off to find him.

After a few minutes, he found Wind up in a tree. That was kind of odd.

"Hello, Wind. How are you doing up there?"
"Go away."
"Wild's back."
"Really?"
Wind leaned forward, sticking his head out of the shadow. His hair was messy and in his face, and there was a scratch on his face.

"Yes. Come on down."

Wind jumped out of the tree. Well, it was more of a fall. They began to walk back to camp.

"What's that scratch from?"
"I can't climb trees."
"Ah."
"I noticed that something seemed weird about Wild's Zelda."
"Really? What is it?"
"She just... gives off a weird feeling. Kind of like Wild, but more serious."
"What do you mean by that?"
"She seems.... sad, almost. I dunno. It might just be me."
"That's possible. They did just defeat the Calamity. And the thing with Wild happened."
"No, it's not that. She didn't seem upset. She just has a sad vibe to her, y'know? Jeez, that sentence sounded so stupid."
Wind smiled.
"Anyway, she's awfully quiet and formal, even for a princess. We're Wild's friends. She knows that. I could tell. She didn't act like we were strangers or anything. It's like she takes her job a little too seriously."
"I think they both do. It's probably because of the whole failure thing."
"Makes sense."

"Now that I think about it," Time said, "she seemed angry about Wild being dead. At first, it was like she was annoyed at Wild, but then, she got upset with herself. She's convinced that this is her fault. Not just what Wild did, but how he is."
"Really?"
"Yes. I'm not sure what she'd be so angry about, but I do know that something's going on with her."

It couldn't be like Wild, though. She seemed fine. She just acted a little odd, that's all.
Just a little... different.
And that was to be expected. You couldn't exactly think that they'd be completely normal. Not after what happened to them.

●●●

"I did it... I already did it... Stop it..."

Twilight looked over at Wild, who was moving around a lot. He kept saying things like that.

"Shut up... I'm not gonna do it again... I can't..."

He was speaking a lot more, though.

"F**k off... I won't do it... you can't make me..."

●●●

You failure.
You can't even die right.
You should have chosen a more hidden spot.
Now you have to do it again.

No

No?
You think you can just stop me?
I'll keep tormenting you until you do it.

No.
Stop.

Stop?
Yeah, right.
Like I'd stop just because you told me to.