scene 45- leaving

"Oh! You're back! Are you okay?"
He shook Zelda's hand off of his arm.
"Yes. Stop touching me."
"Oh. Sorry. I didn't realize-"
"Oh my goddesses, nobody realizes anything! Because you don't f**king think! And everyone is constantly apologizing! I'm sorry this, I'm sorry that, just shut the f**k up! Just f**king stop..."

He rubbed his eyes. Why was he getting so upset? She was only concerned. Same thing with Twilight and the others. They were just concerned, and he cursed at them.

He was just so... angry all the time. And he was constantly thinking about the knife. He wanted it back. He needed it.

"I-I need to leave."
He took a few steps back before turning and running.

●●●

"How much is that knife?"
"100 rupees."
He pulled some rupees out of his pocket and counted them. Exactly 100. A fifty and a couple tens. He gave it to the person behind the desk and they handed the pocket knife to him.

He picked it up and nearly dropped it back on the desk. He always hurt himself with these. Oh well. That's what he wanted to do. Anyway, it was always on purpose.

He walked away and found a well-hidden spot, away from prying eyes.

He rolled up his sleeve and rested the blade of the knife on his arm. He rubbed it against the skin before cutting it. He inhaled sharply. It hurt. But he deserved it.

●●●

He climbed onto his horse, knife in his pocket. He didn't have a bag to put it in, since Zelda had taken all of his things. Anyway, it was more convenient there.

He didn't know where he was going. He wasn't really going anywhere. What an unfamiliar thing, not having anything that needed to be done.

He couldn't go back to Zelda. Nothing good would come out of that. Nothing.
And he couldn't go back to the others. He'd just get mad at them, and they didn't deserve that. None of them. Not even Wind. The one who told him to do it in the first place. Wind was innocent. He didn't mean it.

For now, he'd explore. He finally had the time. And since he didn't have any of his stuff, it'd be kind of like starting over again. Not that that'd be particularly enjoyable, but what else could he do? Go back to Zelda and beg for his stuff? Yeah, right. She probably wouldn't give it to him, anyway.

At least he had a sword. It would probably run out of energy soon, though. Oh well. He could just find another one.

And he had horses.
And the wolf. That would be helpful.

●●●

He walked through the forest, thinking. He was interrupted by a sigh coming from behind him, so he turned around.
"Who was that?"
The person behind him gasped and held their hands in front of their mouths.
"Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to bother you."
She tilted her head and smiled.
"F**k off."
She frowned innocently.
"You wouldn't say that to your biggest fan, would you?"
"Biggest fan? I don't give a shit about my 'biggest fan.' Please leave."
She squealed a little and clasped her hands together.
"I love it when you're stubborn like that!"
"Who are you?"
"I'm Aubrey!"
"Well then, Aubrey, f**k off. I have a knife and I'm not afraid to use it."

He turned and stared walking away, but Aubrey grabbed the collar of his shirt.
"Don't leave! I'm lonely."
"Yeah, and so am I."
"Oh no! Well then, let me fill that hole in your heart."
"I'm perfectly content being alone. In fact, I'd prefer it."
"Oh, quit lying to yourself. You need someone to take care of you."
He turned around and pulled the knife out of his pocket, gritting his teeth.
"I can take care of myself."

Instead of saying anything, Aubrey pushed him, hitting his injury. He shouted in pain and cut her arm in the process of pushing her away.
"Leave me the f**k alone!"
She squealed again and ran off.

"Yeah, that's right. Run away. I don't need someone bothering me."

He looked down at the knife and whispered,
"Shit. I hurt her."

●●●

He was sitting on the ground, fingers on his forehead. Why was he so aggressive towards that girl? Sure, she was a little... weird, but still. That was uncalled for. At least it made her go away.

He stood up and got back on his horse before riding away. Maybe a quick riding would help clear his head.

●●●

~It's kind of tricky to write interesting things when he's just wandering around, but hey. There's plenty of ways to find inspiration. Like BitLife, or the sand boots guy. Also, sorry about this one being short. I was thinking of making these next couple of chapters relatively short, since not much is going on.~