scene 44- angry

A person. Lying on the ground. By a moblin camp. Shirtless. Unconscious. Smiling. Him. It was him.

She ran over and saw the wound. A big one. On his side.and his chest was bleeding again. She pulled the shirt out of her bag and used it to stop the bleeding. She looked up at the moblins. Luckily, they were distracted. She dragged him away, to her horse. She struggled to get him on, but she did it.

She brought him to the stable and got him fixed up there. Hopefully this wouldn't happen again.

●●●

"Okay, no running off and-and nearly getting yourself killed! Just... no running off, okay? I don't want you getting hurt."
He crossed his arms and looked away.
"Fine."
"And I'm keeping the Sheikah slate, okay?"
"It's not like I wanted it."

Zelda rolled her eyes. He was being pretty annoying.
"I didn't ask."
"And I'm not going back to Kakariko."
"I wasn't going to make you go back. Just... cooperate with me, okay?"
"Hmph."
"That's not... oh, who am I kidding? You won't listen. Let's get going."

Zelda grabbed his hand and dragged him outside as he protested.
"Zelda, I don't want to-"
She gripped his hand tighter.
"Shut up."
"Why are you being so hostile?"
"Because you're annoying the shit out of me!"

His eyes widened and he stopped walking, making Zelda stop as well.
"I-I am? I'm sorry, I didn't realize..."
He looked down.
"Oh, oh, no, that's not what I- I'm sorry. I didn't mean that."
He ripped his hand away from her, tears already in his eyes.
"You did mean that! If you don't want me around, then just leave me alone!"

He backed up a few steps before running off.

●●●

He realized that the wolf wasn't with him anymore. In fact, it hadn't been since he passed out by the moblin camp. Oh well. He didn't need it.

He didn't get very far before he fell to the ground, exhausted. Damn energy, he never had enough.

There was a voice behind him.
"I'm sorry. But if you're going to run off again, at least take your sword."
He saw his sword slide over to him. He looked behind him, but no one was there. He heard someone crying, though.

Oh well. He picked up the sword and stood up before pushing it into the ground.

●●●

"Hey."
"Hey, Wild! Glad to see you're back!"

Wild walked right past Legend, who had his hand in the air, expecting a high-five.
He walked right past Wind, who was sitting on a log, looking down with his chin resting on his hands.
He walked right past Twilight, who smiled at him.
He walked right past everybody and sat down on the ground.

He sighed, wincing at the pain in his chest.

"What's up with the new shirt?"
He glared at the person who asked.
"Whaddya think, asshole?"
Legend slowly backed up, holding his hands up.
"Sorry. Geez."
"I've heard the word 'sorry' too many goddess-damned times today. Don't f**king say it."
"Okay..."

Twilight walked over and put a hand on his shoulder. Without turning, he shook his hand off and nearly shouted,
"Don't f**king touch me! Leave me alone! I came here to not get bothered, so don't f**king bother me!"
"Oh, okay. Sor- I mean, I didn't realize. I won't do that again."

●●●

"Bye."
He shoved his sword into the ground like he was delivering a killing blow. He wanted to get away from this place, away from that place, away from everywhere.

The thoughts were coming back. They never really left. They were there again as soon as he woke up.

Everyone tried to help, but he just made it so hard for them. He felt the same struggle. But for him, it was different. He struggled to find a reason. A reason for what? Everything. Why do this? Why do that? Why do anything? Why get up? Why eat? Why live?

●●●

"You know what really freaked me out when I saw him? Other than the blood?"
"No. What was it?"
"His eyes. They were just so... I don't know. I can't explain it. I keep thinking about it. I can't get it out of my head. All I see is Wild lying on the ground, holding that goddess-damned knife."
"Me too. I still can't believe he did that."

Twilight looked over at Wind.
"Have you noticed that Wind is acting really weird?"
Time nodded.
"I have. I think he's still upset about Wild."
"But he's alive again. And he even came back."
"Yes, but I think Wind is more upset about what he did than what happened."

●●●

Twilight sat up straight in his sleeping bag, breathing heavily.
"No, no..."
He shook his head frantically.
"No... I don't want to think about that. Get out of my head!"
"Twi? You okay?"
He looked up and saw Legend, who was also sitting up in his sleeping bag.
"Yeah, I just... keep thinking about... stuff. It doesn't matter."

He stood up and walked over to Wind, who had fallen asleep still sitting on the log. He hadn't moved from that spot since they got here. And he hadn't really said much either. He wouldn't eat, and he'd only sleep if he fell asleep. He didn't do anything. He just sat there.

Twilight worried about him. Right after Wild... well, right after it happened, Wind just sat around, wide-eyed. Then, he got really upset at himself. And now, he just sulked around. Well, he sulked in that one spot. Not really anywhere else.

And Twilight, he kept thinking about it. When he closed his eyes, he saw him lying there, dead. When he slept, he dreamed about it. His thoughts were consumed by the image. That goddess-damned image.

It almost made him want to follow in Wild's footsteps. But that wouldn't be good. He couldn't do that. He just wanted to stop thinking about it.