scene 58- argument

He wrapped up his arm with bandages. If anyone asked about it, he'd say that he was climbing a tree and and he accidentally scraped himself.

He felt like absolute crap. Not mentally. Physically. And not how he usually felt. This time, instead of just being tired or having a headache, be felt generally... shitty. There wasn't really a better way to describe it.

He felt terrible. Exhausted. Hot. He was a little dizzy. Just a bit. It was barely noticeable. It wasn't a big deal, he told himself. Not a big deal.

He started walking back to camp.

He had to look down. He couldn't look up for two reasons. One, he was too dizzy. If he looked up while the world was spinning so much, nothing good would come out of it. Two, he just couldn't. It didn't feel possible. He was too... tired...

Mm... sleep... How nice... What a nice... idea... that was... sleep... He felt as if he could do it then and there... Sleep...

●●●

"Um, Twilight? I found Wild. Just not in a good way."
"Oh no. What's wrong?"
"He passed out. Again."
"Oh. That can't be good."

●●●

When he woke up, the first thing he noticed was that he was exhausted. He had fallen asleep and he woke up not refreshed. Fun. He loved it. Great. Wonderful, in fact.

He sat up and looked around. Twilight was nearby, leaning against a tree and reading a book.

"Hey."
Twilight looked up at him and closed the book.
"Hey. How're you feeling?"
"Not refreshed at all. I'm guessing I passed out again?"
Twilight nodded, and Wild sighed.
"This is just getting annoying."

Twilight smiled and stood up. He walked over and squatted next to him. He put his hand on Wild's forehead, and this time Wild didn't push him away.

"Still hot. Are you feeling any better than before?"
"No, not really. Still just as shitty as before."
"Heh. Understandable. You don't seem to be getting any better. You're still looking just as sick as when you got here. Which makes sense. You've only been here for a day and a half."
"And I've passed out twice."
"The first time, you just fell asleep. I wouldn't count that as passing out."
"Well, this second time I fell asleep, too."
"Really?"
"Yes. I was really tired, I guess."

Twilight frowned.
"Huh. This is probably from that overexertion thing. Are you sure the boxes were as light as you say they were, and that there were only a couple?"
"Yes. I could probably pick two up at a time relatively easily. I just didn't want to drop them. I only moved a few before it happened. And I wasn't even moving them that far."
"Really? Are sure you aren't under-exaggerating it-"
"Yes! Unlike most other things I say, this is the whole truth! I bet Wind could hold two at the same time!"
"Wind is stronger than you think, he lived with pirates-"
"Yeah, but he's ten. Living with pirates doesn't mean he's got super strength."
"Actually-"
"Items don't count! Let's stop arguing about how strong a ten-year-old is, okay? Let's focus on the fact that three 10 pound boxes was too much for me."

"Are you sure they were only that heavy?"
"How many times do I have to tell you? Do you not trust me?"
"I do, it's just-"
"You don't, do you? I knew it. You're trying to use reverse psychology to make me say they were lighter than that!" Wild stood up, pointing at Twilight. "You know I can't do shit! You thought I couldn't carry a couple of boxes, and guess what? You're right. I can't. What kind of knight am I? Why do you even keep me here? I'm useless!"
"Wild, nobody thinks that."
Twilight stood up, and Wild had to look up at him.
"Quit lyng to me. Why does everybody do that? It doesn't make me feel better. Just because you think something's true doesn't mean it is. Asshole."
"Asshole? Wild, I-"

"So you admit it."
"What? I never said-"
"And you won't have to. I know what you're going to say. And it's true. You know. Why should I hide it anymore?"

Wild took a few steps back before turning and running off, leaving Twilight to wonder what he meant.

Why should he hide what anymore? Just because you think something's true doesn't mean it is. What did he mean by that? You know what? What did he mean?

Was he saying- oh. Oh. He should have noticed. Why didn't he notice? The only difference with Wild was that he talked. He had just shrugged off what was happening, thinking that he wouldn't be a strong immediately after it happened. And the way Wild had been acting. He had figured that he'd be in a weird mood. But... this wasn't just a "weird mood."

Wild hadn't changed as much as he thought. Honestly, he was stupid for not realizing. And that bandage around his arm... it was his left arm. The same arm that he did the thing with before. With the knife. Was he covering it up? The bandage hadn't been there when he left earlier, but there was a new one when he was found.

Twilight decided not to bring this up. Wild wouldn't like that. He was already in a bad mood. Of course, he was never really in a good mood.

He'd just support him. He needed it, after all. In a situation like this, anyone would need it.