scene 42- scar(r)ed

~Just wanted to let you know, he freaks the f**k out. And he says f**k a lot.~

He sat up straight, terrified. What was he afraid of?

He heard a voice. Zelda. Her voice calmed him.
"Link! You're awake for real now!"
"What happened? Why does my chest hurt so bad?"
"Oh. Well..."

Paya, who he hadn't noticed yet, suddenly stood up and spoke rather loudly.
"You stabbed yourself!"
She quickly covered her mouth and sat back down, obviously regretting being so blunt.
"Oh. Right."

He looked down and realized that he wasn't wearing a shirt. He nearly vomited at the sight of the stab wound. Great. Another lethal wound to add to the collection. He had two too many for his liking.
"H-how am I not dead?"
"Mipha."
"Oh. Did she say anything?"
Zelda shook her head, an odd look on her face.
"Why isn't this healed?"
"I don't know. We were about to put new bandages on it."
"Oh. Once you finish, can I go out?"
"No."
"Why?"
"Don't question me," she said sternly. "You'll be coming with me to Castle Town, and you'll be staying with me."

He looked down, disappointed. He wanted to see the others. Bit at the same time, he didn't want to see them. What would they say?
He also wanted to walk alone to clear his head. Maybe Zelda would let him do that if he stayed near Castle Town.

●●●

"How are you holding up, Link?"
He looked at Zelda leaning forwards just a bit. The reason he was leaning like that was because his injury hurt. It hurt a lot.
"I'm good. You don't need to worry about me."
He didn't want to bother her too much, and he was afraid that if he admitted that his chest hurt, then she'd send him back to Kakariko. He didn't exactly want to go to the castle, either, but at least he wouldn't be cooped up in a house all day.

"Hopefully, they'll have finished a building by now, so you can stay in there. Bolson told me that he'd go ahead and furnish some of the houses."
He groaned. Seriously? He couldn't just sleep outside?

Still looking straight ahead, Zelda spoke.
"Link, I know what you're thinking. I want you to get a good night's sleep, because Hylia knows you didn't sleep well for the past four days."
"Is that how long I've been asleep?"
"Yes. You were awake for a bit, but you seemed pretty out if it. And it seemed like you had a nightmare or two."
"Zelda, I'm fine."

He wanted to say more than that, but he didn't want to argue. That wouldn't get anywhere. Zelda would just insist that he sleep inside and in a bed. All he could do was pray to Hylia that they were still clearing out rubble.

●●●

He was glad to see that they were, in fact, still clearing out rubble. Zelda had started talking to Bolson, so he was left to wander around.

He stood in front of the broken down fountain in the square, looking at it. It was big. Well, it probably had been before. Now, it was reduced to a pile of rubble, along with everything else.

This entire place upset him. He looked down at the ground and sighed. He winced, quickly putting a hand on his chest. He shouldn't breath to hard or anything. That would hurt.

He looked back up at the fountain and put his hands back down. He stared at it for moment, then his eyes widened and he gasped.

~~

"Hey! Link! Come look at this!"
He rolled his eyes and turned to face a little girl. She held her hands out, smiling.
"What is it, Ailey?"
"I wanted to show this to you!"
She thrust her hands out at him. He peered into her cupped hands and saw a small lizard.
"I found this!"
He ruffled her hair, then signed,
"Nice. You're good at finding things."
The girl beamed.
"I know!"

~~

He shook his head, stumbling back.
"Was that my sister?"

"Hey! Link!"
He spun around, suprised. He spotted Zelda running towards him, just like the little girl had.

He backed up and bumped into the fountain.
"Link? Are you okay?"
He nodded, looking down.
"Really? Is something wrong?"
"I-I just remembered something. You don't need to worry about me."
"What did you remember?"

He looked away from Zelda, not wanting to make eye contact.
"Mmsstr," he mumbled.
"Sorry, what was that?"
"Mysster."
Zelda tilted her head. "I'm sorry, I didn't get that."
He glared at her and yelled, "My sister!"
He turned away and stomped off, rubbing his eyes.

Zelda watched him leave, saying a single word.
"Crap."

●●●

He sat behind a pile of dirt and rocks, his face in his hands. Something fell on his head. A bunch of dirt. Great. What a shitty day he was having. He looked around and saw a Goron dumping dirt and rocks onto the pile.
"Why don't you watch where you're f**king dumping shit!?"
He stood up, fists balled, glaring at the Goron. They put their hands up and backed away slowly.
"Yeah, that's right! Get the f**k away from me!"

He then ran away, wanting to get as far away from this damned place as possible.

He ran until he didn't know where he was in relation to the city. He stopped at a large rock and sat down next to it.

After a few minutes, he stood up and unclipped the Sheikah slate from his belt and threw it as hard he could at the rock.
"Damn you! F**k you! You caused this! F**k off!"

--Nearby, a traveler stopped upon hearing someone yelling. They walked closer to the sound and saw a guy freak out and throwing a something at a rock. They slowly backed away and ran off, very confused and terrified.--

He picked up the Sheikah slate and threw it again.
"I f**king hate you! I despise you! I hope you people get f**king kicked out of this goddess-damned place for good! Just f**king leave me the f**k alone!"

He kicked the slate and ran. To where, he didn't know. Just not to Kakariko Village. Or anywhere with people, really. Everyone was too nice. He couldn't bear that.