scene 109- torn

He barely heard footsteps coming up the stairs.

"Hey, Wild."

Someone sat next to him on the bed. Twilight.

"Hey."
"That's a nice picture. Are those the champions?"
He nodded.

"Hey, are you alright?"
He felt a hand on his arm. He shrugged.
"I guess not, huh?"
He shook his head.
"Let me guess... it's the picture, right?"
He nodded. Twilight reached over and wiped the drop off of Zelda's face.

He blinked.

Then, without warning, he tore the picture out of the frame and balled it up. He stood up, letting the frame fall to the ground. He tossed the ball downstairs.

He stood there for a moment. Then, he backed up an little, bumping into the bed. He fell to his knees, leaning against the bed.

Twilight reached down and picked up the picture frame. The edges of the picture were still in the frame.

There was a shout from below.
"Hey! What was that for?"

Twilight set the frame on the bed and stood up. He walked to the rail and looked down. Legend was holding a bow, and Warrior was holding a dagger-looking weapon. Wind was looking at two pieces of a trident-like spear. Time was admiring a large weapon on the wall.

"Um, Wild? They're messing with your stuff."
"Let them. I don't care."
"Weapons. Nice ones, too."
"What weapons? Which ones?"
"A bow, a dagger thing, and a broken spear."

Wild stood up and ran to the rail. He gasped and ran down the stairs.

"Put those down, you idiots!"
He ripped the weapons out of their hands, holding them close.
"Don't f**king mess with my shit. If you break these, I'm going to kill you."

Warrior looked at Legend, who looked extremely nervous. Wild narrowed his eyes.
"What did you do?"
"I... uh, broke the string of the bow..."

Wild dropped the weapons and ran up to Legend. He grabbed at Legend's throat and pulled a knife out of his pocket. He held it up to Legend's chin and hissed,
"I won't f**king hesitate. Don't do that again. You're lucky that was Revali's and not Mipha's."
"Umm.... about that..."
Wild jerked his head to Wind.
"What?"
"I... kind of... broke the spear. Just a little. Just the tip of one of the-"

Before Wind could finish, Wild's knife was already touching his throat.
"Listen here, you little shit, don't go around f**king with people's shit."
He pushed Wind to the ground and bent down. He held the knife out, ready to slash Wind's throat open. Before he could, though, someone grabbed it.

"Wild! What are you doing!?"
"Killing him."
"Stop! Think about what you're doing!"
"He broke Mipha's spear. He deserves this."

Wind squirmed a little, pleading,
"It was already broken. And it was only a little bit that broke-"
"You shouldn't have been messing with it in the first place."

He yanked his arm out of Time's grasp and slashed at Wind's cheek. Wind gasped in alarm, but he was quickly silenced by a hand over his mouth.
Wild dug the knife into Wind's shoulder. He slowly dragged it down his arm, ignoring the screams coming from Wind.

Nobody moved except Wild and Wind.

Then, just before Wild stabbed Wind, Time dove between them, and the knife was driven into his shoulder.

Wild gasped, realizing what he had done and was about to do. He stood up, leaving the knife in Time's shoulder.

He backed away, bumping into Warrior and Legend before bolting out of the house.

●●●

Legend helped Twilight bandage Wind and Time up.

Wind had passed out, either from blood loss or pure terror. Time was giving Twilight instructions on how to address the situation.

Meanwhile, the others were nervously talking amongst themselves.

Where was Wild?
Why did he do that?
What if he did something...
bad
to...
himself

●●●

he almost killed them
wind

was it worth this trouble

of course

of course it was worth it

he couldn't just die

there were people
who cared

twilight
wind
time

zelda

speaking of which,
what was up with her

she seemed...
different

she was acting the same,
but...

she had a different
air
to her

a different
attitude

a different
feel

a different
smile

maybe it was just him

maybe he was just
imagining
it

imagining
this

maybe it was just hi

third time's a charm

●●

What was that for?
He wasn't done.
He wasn't done thinking.

Anyway,

His life had really taken a turn for the worst.
But he'd make the best of it.
That was all he could do now.

Even though
He was
Going

Going

Gone

But he could still try.

●●●

Without Wild, they had no way of getting back. So, they just camped out in his house.

i cant keep doing this

Twilight looked up. What was that? It sounded like Wild. But Wild was nowhere in sight.

how do you do it

"Did anyone else hear that?"
Everyone looked at him like he was crazy. Everyone except Time, who exchanged a knowing glance with him.

shes gone

What? Who?

well...

third times a charm

That was the second- no, third time he'd heard that. It was starting to freak him out a little.

"Time?"
"Yes?"
"Um... well... uh... I'd like to speak to you in private. Can you..."
"Yes. I'm alright. It's only my shoulder."
Time smiled at him and stood up.

They went upstairs, and Time sat on the bed.

"Have you been hearing that third ti-"

A shout from below interrupted him.
"Wild's back!"

Twilight ran to the rail and looked down. Wild was standing at the door, looking down.

He tossed his sword to them.

"You probably hate me. Here's my sword so you can leave. don't bother bringing it back."

Then, he left.