scene 7- a bother

He tapped Zelda's shoulder. She turned and said,
"Oh, hey Link. What is it?"
"I just wanted to let you know that I'm back."
"Okay, thanks for checking in."

Zelda went back to what she had been doing, which was writing in a notebook. He let her do that, walking away.

They were at his house, and Zelda was at his desk. He guessed that she was coming up with plans.

He walked down the stairs and and sighed. There was nothing to do in this house, and he was feeling restless. He went back up the stairs and notified Zelda that he'd be back soon.

He left the town and wandered around until he came across a stable. He got his horse and rode around for a while.

Not long after he left, he came across a traveler with dusty-brown hair and a large braid. He waved to her and she remarked,
"What hell have you been through?"
"What do you mean?"
"Just look at you."
She motioned at him, and he looked down. He looked back at her, confused.
"You look like you've been through a war."
He was still confused, so she looked at him like she was fed up and explained,
"Your scars, dumbass."
"Hey!"
He crossed his arms.
"By the way, I'm Layani. Nice to meet you. If you want to trade, you know where to find you."
He tried to sign, "I really don't," but she was already walking away.

He continued riding around for a while, until he came across a bokoblin camp. He stopped, confused. Zelda had said that most of the monsters had been killed along with the Calamity. But she had said most. Not all.

He hopped off of his horse to fight the bokoblins. He was actually kind of glad that he had found this, since he was starting to get a little bored.

However, after killing two blue bokoblins, he realized that this would be tougher than he originally thought. This was likely a stronger camp than usual. His fears were confirmed when a striped bokoblin came out of the skull base. He didn't run away, though, because he was already too far into the raid to give up. Anyway, he didn't want this guy chasing him.

He shot the stripey guy with a few arrows, then he ran up to it and landed a couple hits. It swung at him, and he dodged and did a flurry rush. That didn't kill it, though. Another striped bokoblin came out and joined the first one. They took turns hitting him. Well, they were only hitting his sheild. Bokoblins are stupid.

He hit one of their weapons out of their hands and hit that one a few times. While he was distracted, the other hit him in the back, hard. The club he had was spiked, too. That gave the second one time to get his club, which he promptly used.

After a bit more fighting, he got hit right in the abdomen, where his death scar was. It caused him to freeze and get a flashback to the memory.

He stood up straight again, struggling a little. The guardian's laser was pointed right at Zelda. He had to protect her. She quickly ran in front of him, and she used her sealing power for the first time. But behind her, he fell to the ground and passed out.

He shook his head, his eyes wet. He didn't want to remember that again. He tried to use his shield to protect himself from the bokoblins, but he couldn't bring himself to move. He hurt too much. Instead, he slowly pushed his sword into the ground as the bokoblins hit him repeatedly, and he vanished.

●●●

He reappeared in front of the others, causing several heads to turn. He might have been a sight to see, silently crying and bleeding, all while standing perfectly still.

He slowly fell to his knees, his sword still sticking out of the ground, and his shield still on his arm. Twilight hurried over to assist him. Of course it was Twilight. It was always Twilight that helped him.

He leaned back a little, and Twilight put his hand on his back to support him. He flinched as he touched where the bokoblin's club had hit.

"What happened?"
He lifted his hands and shakily signed,
"Bokoblins. They hit me here."
He pointed to his torso. Twilight looked at where he pointed, then back at his face, confused. He didn't say anything. He just helped him stand up and get to a spot to sit down.

"I should be getting back to Zelda. I told I'd get back soon."
"You should wait a bit first."
"No, she'll worry about me. I was gone for an hour and a half at least."
"She won't be worried. That isn't that long."
"But- but what if she is worried? You don't know her!"
"You're right, but you've been gone longer than that."
"How would you know?"

Twilight realized that he had slipped up, and he made a quick save. He didn't want to tell Wild about him being the wolf yet. He would just wait a little longer.
"You were here for a little over two days. Time passes at about an hour a day."
It was true, just not what he had been referring to originally.

"What happened? I mean with the bokoblins. Why did you come here?"
"They hit me right where- where I-"
"Slow down a little."
"No, it's fine. They hit where the injury that killed me was..."
"Oh. What happened after that?"
"I... remembered it again. I don't want to talk about it any more."
"Okay. I won't bother you about it."

●●●

"Bye. See ya. Maybe."
Wild pushed his sword into the ground and vanished. Wind turned to Twilight once he was gone and asked,
"Why did he say 'maybe?'"
"I dunno. Maybe it has something to do with his story?"
"I should ask him."