scene 21- kicked out

Entry 4-

They saw the Gerudo disguise. I'm not sure what they thought. Twilight guessed what it was for, and he was right. That doesn't mean he doesn't think it's weird, though.
I know all of my worries are irrational, but I can't help but convince myself that they're all true. For all I know, this could be a giant Yiga thing. They could all be Yiga spies. Even Wind. He seems so innocent, though. But that would make sense in this context. They want to make it seem like they can be trusted, but they can't.

I've started using this place as a hiding spot, or as a way to run away from stuff. I'm such a coward. I don't even have the Triforce of Courage. The only one I've ever seen is Zelda's. And the others have a picture of the Triforce on their hands. Those Yiga must be really dedicated and serious about this. Although, if they were Yiga, they probably would have killed me already. It they could be trying to make me trust them. I won't let them catch me off-guard.

~●●~

Maybe he was just overthinking it. It would be extremely unlikely that they were Yiga. But he couldn't get rid of that idea. It was just a thought, not a gut feeling. It was just a what-if. And what-ifs are just that. A thought. A possibility. But it was still possible, so of course that meant that it had to be true, even if the chances were slim.

He walked into Gerudo Town and found Zelda talking to someone. He walked up to her, and when she turned to look at him, she gasped. He looked down and realized that he was a mess. He didn't care, though. It didn't matter.
"Oh, hey- Oh Hylia! Look at you, what happened? Are you okay? You're clothes are a mess, they're all torn up!"
"Yiga."
"Oh... Okay, let's get you cleaned up."
She started leading him away, towards the entrance. She turned to the Gerudo woman and waved goodbye before turning back to him.

"How did the Yiga do this to you?"
"There were a lot. I was a coward and ran away."
"You aren't a coward. If there too many to fight, then you were being smart."
He didn't reply to that, instead just looking down.

After a moment, he sighed.
"You don't need to try and make me happy all the time. It never works anyway."
Zelda looked at him, frowning.
"Well, it can't hurt to try."
"It does, though. It hurts when it doesn't work."
He turned away and crossed his arms.
"What's wrong?"
He looked at her, then turned to face her.
"I don't know."

●●●

He stood with Zelda in Gerudo Town. They were at the sand seal rental, and Zelda was admiring the seals. He watched her, not doing or saying anything. He wanted to leave, but he didn't want to bother Zelda by asking. He didn't want to just leave, either, because he didn't want to worry Zelda.

She looked back at him.
"You don't seem to be enjoying yourself much. Do you want to do something else? I wouldn't mind."
"Yes, please. You can stay here. I just want to walk around a bit."
"Okay. I'll probably be here if you need me."
He nodded and walked away.

He wandered around, not really doing anything. Just thinking. Why did he feel this way? Like something was wrong, but he didn't know what it was. What was wrong with him? Why did he have to ruin everything for everyone? How could anyone enjoy being around him? He just brought the mood down.

He shouldn't be here. Gerudo Town was such a bright place. So nice. He'd just bring sadness to it if he stayed any longer.

He ripped the veil off of his face and the covering off head.
"Hey!"
He brought attention to himself by shouting, and it worked. Two soldiers picked him up and tossed him out into the sand. He sat for a moment, tears slowly making their way down his now sandy face. What was wrong with him?

●●●

Zelda walked outside, searching for him. Where did he go? She had heard a bit of a commotion earlier, but she hadn't thought much of it. Had it been about him?

She exited the town, looking around. She saw a figure sitting with their knees tucked in, and she walked towards them. It was him, and he was crying.
"Is something wrong? What happened?"
"I got myself kicked out."
"What? Why?"
"I don't know."
"You don't know? You can tell me if something's upsetting you."
His head turned to face her.
"I said I don't know. Stop bothering me."
"I'm sorry, just know that I'm always he-"
"I know! Just shut up."
"Sorry."
"You don't need to apologize. I'm just in a weird mood, that's all. I'm the one that should be sorry."