scene 120- scared

Nobody was okay anymore.
He could tell.

Just because he was a kid didn't mean he was oblivious to everything.

No matter how hard they tried to hide it from him, he knew.

Wild was sad.
Time was sad.
Twilight was scared.

At least the others seemed fine. Mostly.

And now...
Well, he didn't know how he felt.
It was weird.

He was scared for Wild. He didn't want him to die.
Yet he felt like if he did die, he wouldn't care. After all, he did try to kill him. Twice.
But he could understand why. He had hurt him so much.

He had told Wild to kill himself.
He had insulted his Zelda.
He had broken something important to him.

Honestly, what reason did Wild have to like him anymore?

He was such a terrible person. Especially to Wild.

And if Wild even survived, he'd probably just go and do it again. Because nobody bothered to help. It was only Twilight and him, and Twilight was doing a terrible job of it. And so was he.

Was Time trying to help? It seemed kind of like he was, but only from behind the scenes. So it barely even counted.

The reason he was doing such a terrible job was because he didn't know what to do, and Wild just wouldn't let them do anything. Even after that talk the three of them had. Anyway, that was before the second time. So how did he know of it was even true?

What was he saying? That was such a stupid question. Such a stupid thing to doubt. Of course it was true. It just didn't do much. Why would Wild lie about that? Even if he did lie a lot about stuff like that, what he said then wouldn't be a lie. If that was a lie, then what would the truth be?

Anyway, he seemed better now. Ever since that second time, he seemed happier. Maybe he got it out of his system. Maybe he wouldn't do it again.

He hoped.
But, as Wild would say, hoping doesn't do shit and neither do promises.

●~●~●

"Hey, Linky."
"Hey, Ailey."
Ailey plopped down beside him and looked up into the branches of the tree.
"Whatcha doing?"
"Not much. What are you doing?"
"I wanted to ask you a question. Why do you only use sign? Why don't you talk?"
"I don't want to."
"Yeah, but why not?"
"I just don't want to."
She lightly punched his arm.
"C'mon, quit being such a bummer."
"Fine. I don't like talking. I don't like my voice."
"I like your voice. It sounds nice."
"Not really."

"I have another question."
"Yeah?"
"You seem awfully gloomy lately. What's up with that?"

●~●~●

"Hey, where's Time?"
Twilight looked over at Legend, who was sitting on the stairs. He shrugged
"I dunno. He left a little bit ago."
"Why?"
"He's upset about something. I've never seen him like that."
"Me neither. It's kind of weird."
Twilight nodded. "Agreed."

He looked at Wind, who was sitting at the table with his chin resting in his hands. He looked so dull and lifeless compared to how he usually looked.

For a split second, Twilight saw something odd. Wind looked similar to how Wild looked in that nightmare. Empty eyes, oddly pale skin, tear-stained cheeks, blood. Running down his neck, from his shoulder, on his hands. Then he blinked, and it was gone. Wind looked normal again.