scene 135- t he m

There was a knock on the door, then it opened to reveal Zelda.
"Ah, I thought I would find you here-" she narrowed her eyes, glaring at Morgan. "What is she doing here?"

●●●

"Zelda! Why did you make her leave?"
"I don't want her to hurt you. You can't trust someone who is supposedly an ex-Yiga."
"Dorian is an ex-Yiga!"
"That's different."
"How? How is that any different from this!?"
"He's a Sheikah. And you saw the conversation he had with that Yiga guy."
"I- Zelda! Please! Just leave me be for once in your life! I can keep myself safe, I don't need you to be over my shoulder constantly!"
"Link... I just... I just don't want you doing anything stupid."
"And I won't. Can you please just trust me?"
"...
It's hard to trust you after all those other things that have happened."
"You know what? I don't need to put up with this. I don't need to put up with you, especially if you won't help me. Morgan listens to me. She spends time with me. She let's me do my own thing. She trusts me. She... she actually wants me to be here. And sometimes, it seems like you don't. It seems like you just want to get rid of me. Goodbye."

"I... I'm sorry. I do want you here.
....
It's getting hard to wait.
I don't know if I'll last long enough to see the castle when it's finished. I'm sorry. I'm really, really sorry."

●●●

"Oh, hey, Wild. What's up?"
"Not my mood, that's for sure."
"Why? What's wrong?"
"Zelda kicked Morgan out of my house because she still doesn't trust her. That doesn't really make sense, cuz there's a Sheikah guy that used to be a Yiga,  and she trusts him-"

Wild's eyes widened, and he looked up a little, his mouth slightly open. Twilight got up and hurried over.
"Wild? You okay?"

"Zz... Zzelda'sss.... Zelda'ss gonnna... shhe'ss gonnna...."
Without warning, he fell backwards. Twilight only just barely reacted quickly enough to catch him.

After a moment, Wild shook his head and stood up straight, acting as if that never happened. "Whoo, I just blacked out for a sec there."

"What was that about?"
"What? What was what about?"
"You... you don't remember that?"
"There's a lot of things I don't remember. You'll have to be clearer."
"You- Well, it looked like you got possessed or something."

From behind Twilight, Legend laughed. "What are you talking about? Are you okay?"
Twilight turned around and stuttered, "Wait, what? You- what? You didn't see that? Did you see that?" He turned and pointed at Sky, who shook his head.
"All that happened was that Wild fell backward. What are you talking about?"

"I- he- he said that Zelda's gonna do something, but he didn't finish the sentence. His voice was all weird and airy and almost robotic. And weird and slurred."

"None of us know what you're talking about."
"Yeah, really. Wild didn't do anything."
"I-I swear! He did say that! I'm not lying! Why would I lie about something like that? That'd be stupid!"
"Really?"

"R eally?"
Re  all y
You re  l y ing
Lia r

T he kid s
Wh e re  a re  t he kid s
T hey ve  di s ap pea r ed
W her e d  i d th e yg o

Th e y r e ju  s t g  o ne

N ow he s go net oo
A g ain
H e' ll l ea vee v entu all y
Ze
Zel
H er to o
B o th o f th e m

G on e
Ag ain
Hel
          p
Hel p
            hi m
                       t he m
He  r o  o f Twi li ght
L ink
Li n k
L i nk

W in d!
A ki d
       Ro p e
  Tr ee
Ne c

He l p
            t hem

On l y  a mat te r  of  T i me
Be for e  th ey  fo r get
Bef o re s he s ay s

I m  so r ry

An db efo re he sa ys

T h ir d  ti me s ac harm

F oll owi n g  h er

Sincerely,
F!
Th3 sw°rd

●●●

"Twilight? Are you okay? Aah! What the- Twilight!"

Twilight fell back, and Wild caught him. Twilight had seemingly just passed out for no reason. His mouth was slowly moving to form words, but Wild couldn't tell what they were. As far as he knew, it could be nonsense.

He looked up and saw that Time was hurrying over.
It was getting hard to hold Twilight like this. He fell to his knees and gently put Twilight on his lap, feeling himself grow faint.

Time lifted Twilight up and carried him away.
Sky ran up to Wild and helped him stand up. They went over to the table, and Wild sat on the bench.

He sighed and closed his eyes. Today hadn't been a very good day.

●●●

It looked like the castle would be done soon, which was good. She was finding it hard to wait any longer.

In just a few days, she'd be able to actually live in there. And a few days after that, she'd go through with her plan. She couldn't wait until then, yet she was incredibly nervous.

What if he saw her do it? He'd hate her. He'd absolutely despise her. He'd be hurt. He'd hurt himself.
Although.... that last one would probably happen anyway.
But then... why would he, if he already didn't like her?

She just wanted to do it already. To stop thinking these stupid thoughts.

To follow him.
To go away.