scene 8- crazy

Twilight knew Wild was struggling. He just wasn't quite sure what the problem was. He had only joined him towards the end of his journey, after he had already gotten three of the Divine Beasts(he hadn't done Vah Medoh yet) and all but two of the memories. Both of them made him cry. Before he got those two memories, he was fine. Well, not completely, but he was better than he was now. Those last two memories messed him up.

Twilight remembered when Wild got those memories. That was his worst day in the entire journey, at least while Twilight was with him.

~~

He looked at the Sheikah slate before looking back up. He nodded to himself and walked foward a bit. He looked at the slate a second time, then back up again. His eyes widened, and he remembered.

Twilight sat behind him and waited. After a few minutes, he stood up and walked in front of him. His eyes were wet, and he was frowning.

His eyes opened and he stepped back. He fell to his knees and cried,
"No! No, they can't be... No... I thought... I thought they survived... No....."

Twilight padded up to him and comforted him the best he could. A while later, he got up and they headed for a different place.

~○~

They eventually came to a place that had many broken Gaurdians scattered around. It was almost too many for him. He almost turned back. But he had to get this last memory.

Again, Twilight waited patiently for him to finish the memory.

When it ended, he stepped back again and spoke.
"I... f**k."
That was the first time he heard him curse out loud and not under his breath. He got used to it after a while, though.
"I... what? She... I... So that's how I..."

Twilight never learned what he was talking about, since he refused to talk about it.

~~

Thinking back on it, he realized that that was when he started having the bad days. He didn't realize that it was so far into the journey. He also hadn't realized how late he had come in. Still, he had grown to rely on Twilight, or the wolf, as he knew him. It was odd that he still hadn't come up with a name. At this point, it seemed like he never would.

He had to tell him about the wolf thing at some point. Not yet, though. Not yet.

●●●

Wild came back a while later. He and Zelda were at Rito Village now. It had been a while since he came here.

When he appeared in the camp, he looked around and saw the scarf guy sitting down, leaning against a tree. He saw a couple others wandering around, but not that many.

He walked over to the scarf guy and asked,
"Where is everyone?"
"At their own place."
"Oh. Why so many, though?"
"When Time is gone, most of us don't bother coming. He's the leader."
"Oh. Makes sense."

He saw someone appear nearby, and when they looked up, he saw that it was Wind. The kid saw him and ran over.
"Hey! I'm glad you're here. I wanted to ask you a question."
"Sure."
"Thanks. So what's your story?"

Wild was surprised by the question and didn't sign anything for a moment, instead just rubbing the back of his neck.
"Hey, you do that too?"
"What?"
"Rub your neck like that. Sky does it, Twilight does it, a lot of us do it. Also, answer my question. What's your story?"
"It's long. I'll tell it some other time."
"Aww."
Wind looked a little dejected and pretty annoyed, but he quickly started smiling again. What a happy kid.

Then the questions were asked. The dreaded questions that he knew would come eventually. The ones that brought back bad memories.

"What's your world like, then? The castle? Castle town? What places are there? What are the other races like..."

It was too many questions, and most of then were things he didn't want to answer. So he spoke. It had to stop, and simply signing wouldn't be enough. He spoke.

"Stop, stop! Too many questions! Can't answer all of them. Slow down."

Wind looked at him, surprised. He saw that he had begun to freak out, so he stopped talking.

"Please don't make me asnwer those. I can't. There's no way, I can't." He fell to his knees and laughed a little.
"Heheheh. I'm going f**king crazy..."
"Wild, what the hell? Are you okay?"
"I can't do this... too many memories..."

Why was this doing this to him? Why did he feel like he was going insane? Why was he laughing? Why was he still talking? Was he talking? He couldn't tell. Was Wind talking? He just saw his lips moving. Another figure came into view, also talking. He fell onto his hands, breathing heavily. Everything was blurry. Was he crying? Probably.

"What the f**k, what the f**k..."

He only heard his own voice, and no one else's. They would probably take him somewhere, like a prison. Somewhere that insane people go to. What was the word... asylum? Yeah. Mental hospital, maybe.

He was staring down at the grass. He didn't realize how tightly he was gripping it. He didn't notice that he was getting dirt in his fingernails. He didn't realize that the others had their hands on his back. He didn't realize that he was walking. He didn't know when he passed out. He didn't know why, either. He just knew, or thought, rather, that he was crazy. That he couldn't be helped.

That he might as well die, if shit like this was going to happen.