scene 123- counting

Time looked at them, then back outside. Then, he ran out the door.

Wind sat back down, sighing.

Everything was going to shit.
And it was all because he had to mess with that f**king spear.

Why couldn't he just leave Wild be? What was wrong with him? He was just such a nuisance.

And nobody would pay attention to him. It was always Wild this, Wild that. It was usually because of something he did. Maybe he deserved to be ignored. Maybe he deserved to constantly feel guilty. He should feel guilty. After all, it was his fault.

●●●

He had to get Twilight out of here.
Out of here, out of here, out of here.
Out of here.

The Malice would f**k with him.
It would f**k with him until there was no turning back.
He would just be a mess.
Seeing nothing but... whatever he was seeing.

He saw him.
Well, first, he saw a black tentacle-like thing, swirling around someone.
When he got closer, he saw that it was Twilight.

He ran in front of him and saw his face. His eyes.

This time, it wasn't just the iris. His entire eye was pitch black, whites and all. Black... stuff was dripping from them.

His mouth was open in a perpetual scream, yet he was making no noise.

The Malice was swirling all around him, cementing his legs to the ground, connecting his outstretched arm to his torso. It looked like he had fallen and was unable to get up because of the it.

Time touched it and immediately retaliated. It burned his skin.

How would he get Twilight out?

He thought for a moment before getting idea. He ran to the nearest stable, and after a bit of talking, he convinced the stable owner to lend him a horse.

He rode to Castle Town as quickly as he could. He rode right through, straight to the castle.

He got off the horse and ran to the entrance. He stopped for a moment to catch his breath, then said,
"I need to see the princess. Now."

Luckily, the guards recognized him, and one of them went to get Zelda.
He came back with her, and Time immediately said,
"Twilight. Malice. Help."
"What?"
"He's covered in the goddess-damned stuff. I need some f**ming help."

The guards were taken aback by the language, but they said nothing. Zelda seemed more surprised about the Malice thing.

She nodded and followed Time to the horse. They got on and rode to where Twilight was. She gasped at the sight and got off the horse. He slid off as well.

She ran over to him and started to examine him. Then she backed up and held her hands out.

Nothing happened.

Zelda sighed and brought her hands down.

"Of course it doesn't work. Just my f**king luck."

She turned away and headed back towards Castle Town. As she passed Time, she said,
"I'm sorry. I'll try again later. I guess."

She sighed again and climbed onto the horse, riding away towards the castle.

●●●

Time slowly opened the door, and everyone turned to look at him.

"Did you find Twilight? Where is he?"
"He's covered in Malice and Zelda's power didn't work."
"So...?"
"Still covered in Malice. I couldn't touch him. That stuff burns."

He sighed and went upstairs, sitting in the chair. He silently watched Wild's chest rise and fall, wondering why the Malice was doing that to Twilight specifically.

He seemed to have seen something that nobody else did. Maybe it was the wolf senses. He was just extra sensitive to the stuff.
That... kind of made sense.

He couldn't really use the Twili magic as a counterexample. That was completely different from the Malice. Maybe Twilight just had a lot to be angry about.

He heard a shout from downstairs. He turned to look down and saw that everyone was looking at Wind.

Time went downstairs to see what was going on.

Wind looked... weird. Pale. His eyes looked empty.
His irises had that same odd coloring as Twilight's did.

Wind opened his mouth and spoke in a breathy, unfamiliar voice.

It won't be long.

T

hen, he slumped forward.
Dark goo started to make it's way up Wind's legs and arms. It climbed higher and higher until it eventually found his neck. There, it stopped.

Time took a step back before suddenly stopping. He looked down and saw that Malice was enveloping his foot. He tried to pull it away, but the Malice just pulled it back. It slowly went up his leg, surrounding his other foot, going up that leg, up his torso. It reached his neck and stopped.

His eyes went completely black, and those dark tear-like thing formed under them.

And he stopped seeing. There was only darkness. And a terrible burning sensation all over his body.

●●●

Legend ran up the stairs to see if Wild was okay. He wasn't.
That Malice stuff was covering Wild like a blanket. A disgusting, gooey, evil blanket.

What was going on? A good half of the group was now covered in that goo stuff.

He had to get Wild's Zelda. Maybe she could help somehow. After all, Time had gone to get her when he found Twilight. But her powers hadn't worked for some reason. Was it the Malice stuff?

Legend hurried down the stairs, told Warrior his plan, and left. He climbed onto one of the horses and went on his way to the castle.