scene 93- gloomy

"Twilight?"
Twilight looked at Wild, who had tapped his shoulder.
"Yeah?"
"I think something's wrong worth Wind. I mean, he's fine, I just think he's upset about something. He's trying to act like nothing's wrong, but he's terrible at acting."
"Really? He seemed fine."
"Well, when I first noticed it, I thought it might just be me, but when I asked him about it, he got mad."
"Huh. Well, I'll go check it out."
"Thanks. He went that way."

Twilight stood up and walked in the direction Wild pointed.

Wild sat back down next to Time and started tapping the table with his finger.
Was Wind still upset at him? Probably.

After a while, Twilight came back, with Wind following close behind him with a bored look on his face. Twilight sat next to Wild, and Wind walked past the table, avoiding eye contact with Wild and instead looking in a different direction.

"Is Wind still mad about that argument?"
"No, he... well, I'm still not completely sure. He wasn't very descriptive about it. He just kept saying that this whole thing was his fault."
"But... I feel better now. At least, a little. It probably won't last long though."
"You're so negative."
"Exactly. It's just because I ranted or something."
"Then you should do that more often."
"Wasn't it annoying to listen to me, though?"
"No, not at all. I think it would be good for you to talk about things that are upsetting you more often."
"I guess."

Without looking at them, Time cut in.
"That is a good idea. You should do that."
Twilight looked over at him.
"Is something going on? You're awfully quiet."
"You seem awfully interested in an old man's troubles."
"You aren't that old. At least, I don't think so."
Time smiled, not saying anything else.

"Anyway, about Wind. What did he say?"
"He's just still upset about the arrow thing. Which makes sense."
"Everyone else is over it."
"Are you sure about that?"

Wild looked around at everyone. They were all so... quiet. The overall feeling was dreary and gray.
"It was like this last time, too."
"I did this. I made everyone sad. Just like I always do. Nothing had changed. I'm still the same depressing person I was when I came here. I'm even back to signing again."
"That's not- Well, a little. But now that we know what to do, we can change that."

Time smiled and sighed. Twilight looked over at him again and said,
"Time? Can we... talk? Somewhere else? I have a question."
Time looked at him and nodded, standing up.
"Sure."
"Thanks."
Twilight stood up as well, and they walked away, out of earshot.

Wild was left sitting at the table.
He stood up, deciding to collect some cooking materials. There wasn't much else to do at the moment.

He walked off in a different direction from Time and Twilight, not wanting to bother them.

He found several useful plants. They would be good for cooking. He also found a stick, which he carried around with him in case he encountered a bokoblin. Luckily, he didn't end up having to fight. He did, however, find some more, which he used the tree branch for. It just happened to be rock salt. Another useful item for cooking.

Eventually, he found his way back to camp, but on the way back, he went right by the spot that Time and Twilight were at.

"Twilight, it's fine. I'm just... having a bad day. That's normal. You worry too much."
"I... sorry."
"No, no, it's fine. We're all in a bad mood today."
"I guess."
"Let's get back to camp, okay?"
"Good idea."

Wild realized that he had stopped to listen, and he darted away. He hid in a bush, watching as the two passed him, then he got out.

When he got to camp, Time and Twilight were already sitting at the table. Wild smiled at them and sat down across the table, facing away from it and looking out at the rest of the camp. Wind was sitting cross-legged on the ground at the outskirts of the camp, and Warrior and Legend were chatting.

So far, nobody else had come. Just Warrior and Legend.
And also whoever was coming right now.

Sky appeared in the center of the camp, smiling. He looked tired.

Wild waved at him, smiling back.
"Hey, Sky. Haven't seen you in a while."
"I can say the same. The only times I've been here recently happened to be the times when you were gone."
He looked around.
"Why's it so gloomy?"

Twilight looked off to the side, but Wild answered bluntly.
"I did it again. This time with an arrow. To the neck. Right here."
He pointed to a spot on his neck, which he had been hiding with his hair.
"Ah. That... looks like it hurt."
"Not really. It was pretty much an instant death arrow. So I didn't have tome to feel any pain."
"Oh. Well, then..." Sky paused. "The first time, I came before you came back, and Twilight told me what happened. There was a bit much detail in his recounting if you ask me."

Wild laughed awkwardly.
"Yeah... From what I heard, nobody liked it much... To be honest, I had been expecting completely different reactions. Anyway! Enough with that depressing shit. How have you been?"
"I've been alright." Sky walked over and sat down next to Wild, who promptly turned around to face the table. "I haven't been getting much sleep recently. It's hard work, managing so much stuff."
"I... well, I can't really relate. My Zelda definitely could, though. She's been taking care of Castle Town's reconstruction. I don't think they've started on the castle itself yet."

"Actually," Twilight put in, "that reminds me. Wild's Zelda came. She's... uh... interesting."
"It's fine. You can say what you want. I won't almost kill anyone this time."
Sky looked at him, a little confused.
"Excuse me, what?"
"Oh. Yeah. A while ago, Wind said that Zelda was stupid for doing something, and I nearly killed him. So that was fun. Very enjoyable for everyone involved."

Sky laughed, and Twilight continued.
"Anyway, she's kind of odd. Very... formal. That's only odd because she seems to know that we're Wild's friends, and she trusts us enough to leave him here with us."
"I think she feels like she has to prove herself or something. Because, you know, the whole failing thing."

"Actually, I don't think I've heard your story yet. Have you told everyone else?"
"Oh. Yeah. I should tell you about it, huh?"
Twilight smiled at Wild. "You don't need to tell him. I can tell him." He looked at Sky. "It... didn't go too well. He-"
Wild interrupted, speaking out loud now.
"It-it's fine. I can do it. It's just one person. I've got it."