3

"Oreki where are you?" I get up tiredly and walk over to my bedroom door before walking out and over to the lounge. "What's wrong mum?"

"It's your birthday soon."

"It is?"

"Yeah! You forgot?"

"I guess..."

"Well what do you want? Some Xbox games?"

"I don't have an Xbox..."

"Perfect I'll get you an Xbox!"

"No I... I don't want anything."

"But it's your birthday."

"I know I just don't have anything I want..."

"Really? Is there nothing you can think of?"

A ticket to the Japan Vs China volleyball match maybe? But the tickets aren't even on sale yet.

"No nothing."

"HmmmI'll get you an Xbox."

"No mum it's okay I don't want any Xbox."

"How about a ps4 then?"

"I don't play games you know this."

"Well I'm sorry moody pants." I stand there confused and start getting more and more annoyed the more she talks. "I'm just trying to get you to talk to me."

"...Okay?"

"Don't give me that attitude-"

"I wasn't-"

"Don't talk back to me!"

"I wasn't!"

"And don't shout at me!!"

"So you're allowed to shout at me but I'm not allowed to shout at you?" I mumble to myself as I walk into the kitchen. "Excuse me?"

"Nothing."

"What did you just say?!"

"N-nothing!"

"So first you try to injure yourself and now you're being extremely rude to me when I'm just trying to talk to you?!"

"I wasn't trying to injure myself I was just gonna play a few sets with them."

"You have a broken ankle!"

"Had! I HAD a broken ankle!!"

"Well that doesn't matter because you aren't playing any sport ever again let alone volleyball!!"

"You'd have to break my legs first to make that happen-" She slaps me across the face insanely hard and I stand there frozen.

Again? This is the fifth time she's hit me this week and it's only Tuesday...

"Can you stop hitting me it hurts too much-"