67

"Ki? What's the food on the table?" I look at dad half asleep and close my eyes again as I mumble and hide my face in my teddies. "It was for you and dad two but you got home later then I thought..."

"Really?" I nod half asleep before he kisses the top of my head and I fall back to sleep. I wake up two hours later and shiver violently as I wrap myself in my duvet and limp into the kitchen. Both dads look at me worried as I shiver and pour myself some orange juice before limping back into my bedroom and laying down quickly. I hide my face in my teddies as I put the drink on my bedside table just as dad one walks inside whilst knocking on the door. "You okay Ki?"

"Mm."

"Is your foot okay?" I shrug and he frowns a little as he crouches down on the floor before lifting up my trouser leg a bit. His eyes widen when he sees my bright red and swollen ankle before looking back up at me. "Ki it's really swollen! What've you been doing?"

"...We walked to a cafe earlier?"

"Why didn't someone give you a piggyback?"

"No one knows my ankles messed up again."

"Okay let me rephrase that. Why didn't Kuroo give you a piggyback ride?" I clench my jaw as I keep my face hidden and shrug again. "Okay well fuck him then and sit up."

"W-what?" I look at him sadly as I sit up and he sulks. "He's supposed to be there for you Ki."

"He is."

"Well obviously not."

"He is!!!"

"Okay enough mean father." Ukai flying kicks Samuel out of the bedroom and my my bottom lip quivers and I look down to my bottom right. "He just means... Ki it's ok-"

"Just get out I'm fine."

"Ki-"

"I'm fine! My ankle's fine! It doesn't hurt I'm just tired." I lay down and face away from him as I face the walk and hug my teddies. "The dinner was meant for you and Kuroo wasn't it?"

"...Go away..." My voice comes out shakily and he frowns as he leans dowm and hugs my back before stroking my hair out of my face and walking out. I try talking asleep again meanwhile dad one is in full anger mode and outside the front of the house pacing whilst waiting for Kuroo to answer the phone. "Mr.Hyouka-?"

"GET YOUR ASS DOWN HERE!"

"...W-what?"

"GET. YOUR. ASS. DOWN. HERE."

"Why? What happened? Why isn't Oreki here?"

"HUH?!"

"O-OREKI ISN'T HERE I'M JUST CONFUSED." Kuroo starts to get panicked at the terrifying tone and flinches as he moves the phone away from his ear when dad shouts even more terrifyingly. "AND I'M CONFUSED AS TO WHY MY SONS ANKLE IS FUCKED UP EVEN MORE AND WHY YOU AREN'T HERE FUCKING COMFORTING HIM RIGHT NOW!!!"

"His ankle's messed up-?"

"G E T Y O U R A S S D O W N H E R E."