35

"Look dad!! I made some pancakes!!"

I know I was watching you from the doorway to make sure you didn't burn yourself -Dads thoughts-

"Did you?!" I giggle and nod as I rub over with a plateful of pancakes. I put the plate on his lap and hand him a fork as I hop up and down. "Try it! Try it!" He just smiles at how hyper I am before taking a bite of one and smiling at me chews. "Mmmmmm~ Delicious~"

It tastes disgusting! Why is it so salty?! And what is that sourness?!! -Dads thoughts-

I giggle and take the plate from him before hopping over to mum. "Mummy mummy try it! Mummy! Muuuuuummmmmm-!"

"What?!" Dad glares at mum and my mood drops at the sudden shout. "I-I made pancakes..."

"That's nice."

"Do you wanna try some?! Dad said they're good!"

"I don't want any."

"Pleeeeeaaaaaaassseeee~?"

"NO OREKI IM NOT TRYING YOUR FUCKING PANCAKES-!"

"Mummy's just eaten bubbah she doesn't want to eat right now." My jaw shivers and mum just continues reading and ignoring me as dad crawls over and kneels next to me. "Can I eat some more?"

"I-I want mum to try it." He knows in about to cry and tries to calm me down before that happens. "Mummy's tired little chef." My bottom lip quivers and I stay stubborn. "B-but I-I put sprinkles on them-"

"Oh for god sake." She takes a pancakes and I smile hopefully.
But then she spits it out. And the happiness in my eyes disappears. "Why would you make me eat that?! And how could you even like that?!" She looks at my dad and I turn around as I start bobbing and walk into the kitchen. "He's only five he can't fucking handle you being such a shit mother!!!" I cry harder as they start shouting and put the pancakes in the bin before walking into my bedroom and grabbing my teddy. I walk over to my big box that dad helped me make into a space ship and put a blanket over myself. I cry into my teddy as the shouting gets louder before I hear a slam and I start wailing even louder as I get even more scared. "Oreki? ...Ki? ...Little chef what are you doing in there?" I jump intoy dads chef when he removes the blanket and hug him with my teddy smushed in between us. "I'm sorry about the shouting bubbah..."

"I-I wanted to make you both some pancakes for your anniversary~!" I cry louder and he feels tears tug at his own eyes as he lifts me up. "Lets go eat them then yeah?"

"I p-put them in the bin~"

"Why Ki? I really liked them!"

"Y-you did?"

"Yes! How about we make some more?"

"I-I'll make it?"

"And I'll watch." I smile a tiny bit and he puts me down before we walk into the kitchen and start cooking. We sit down and start eating the pancakes that taste a lot better before he says something that I don't understand at all. "Ki... Me and mummy are getting a divorce."